make the moste out of your no roll sinker mold's

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by BIG_D, Jun 5, 2009.

1. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    if the only mold you have is a no roll well hear is a way to use it for a flat bank mold instead of inserting the pin for the hole insert a carter pen instead this gives you a eye to insert your line or a sinker slide
    this gives us poor boys two molds in one
    hope this helps some of ya out:wink:

Attached Files:

2. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Thats one thing I like about you Dallas.... Your always thinkin up somethin ; )

-Jim-

3. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    This is an excellent idea. Do you think they would come out if you didn't bend them? :cool2:

4. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Just added this great idea to our member library. Thanks Dallas, it's a really good idea.

And Jack? Yes, they'll come out for you if you don't bend them! LOL:tounge_out:

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Great idea Dallas. Thanks for sharing.

6. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    I replied to this subject over on the member library but it hasn't posted yet. Anyhoo, your idear is great. In fact Harbor chinese Freight has cotter pin kits dirt cheap. I mentioned on the other post that you could also use cotter pins on an egg sinker mold too. Just put the bent end in the cavity of the size you want to use and the loop in the cavity next to it and you could make some bank sinkers thata way too.

7. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    good idea on the egg sinkers

8. D_Weezy

D_Weezy Active Member

State:
    Cadiz, Ohio
    Name:
    Dale
    How about sliping a barrel swivel on that cotter pin before you mold it in. I think I will try it.

9. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Great Idea brother. I have several molds. Flat banks, banks, no rolls etc. Since I've dedicated most of my poles to braided line, I've been using the slides. But, now I'm having to tie a "break-away" loop to attach the sinker. I was gonna give up on the ones I have now and go to pyramids. I think I'll try this with my big egg and no rolls. Reps to ya'..

10. Fatman

Fatman New Member

State:
    Vermont
    Dallas

Thanks Buddy!!!!!!! My boy in Kansas wants to send me that mold although he's finding shipping lots of sinkers is costing him alot of money LOL. Now I can send him two types

fatman

11. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Chalk one up for the poor boi's. reps to ya brother, good idea