Make the most out of your no roll sinker molds

Discussion in 'Catfishing Library' started by BIG_D, Jun 5, 2009.

1. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    If the only mold you have is a no roll, well here is a way to use it for a flat bank sinker mold. Instead of inserting the pin for the hole insert a carter pen. This gives you an eye to insert your line or a sinker slide. This gives us poor guys two molds in one. Hope this helps some of ya out.

[​IMG]

2. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    ok i have showed you guys my trick with the carter pen now i am going to show you my mod to the mold so now you can use a #2 brass eye hold the brass eye in place and trace it with a sharpy this part was a pain trying to hold that little eye in place if i had it to do again i would glue it in place then trace it then knock the eye loos i used a diomond bit in a dremel tool take your time this is a one shot deal if you are not good with a dreamel tool you could take it to a shop.
    ok hear is a few pics they tell the steps better than i can.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2010

3. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    this set of pics show what trimming you will need to do after the pour with the #2 eye

[​IMG][​IMG]

4. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    this pic shows the trimming you will need to do if you use the mold as a no roll

[​IMG]

5. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    this is a good way to save $35.00 and have two molds in one hope this helps a few of you out and maybe sparks a few ideas

[​IMG]