Make a mercury 25 look like a 15?

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by tbartek, Jul 25, 2006.

1. tbartek

tbartek New Member Supporting Member

State:
    New Germany, PA
    My local lake has a 20 hp limit. I'm getting a new pontoon but want to put a 25 hp merc on it. Can you just change decals? Where do you get them? Should I go with the 15 hp instead? Just a few questions LOL

2. Gone fishin 4 kittys

Gone fishin 4 kittys New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I don't think that you can change out covers. I guess that you could do decals.

I remeber my grandpa had a 9.9 for lake arthur he had the Jets changed in the carb so it like a 15.

If you got a 15 you could have it bored it bored out and stuff like that but you can run into more promblems down the line.

a 15 would be cheaper.

Good Luck

Josh

3. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    My buddy did that. He put decals on his 15 so it looked like a 9.9. He was even stopped by CO's and they never said a thing. I'd just call the motor company, i'm sure they can steer you in the right direction

4. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I would just go with the 15hp motor. You wouldn't want to get caught trying to break any laws would you?

5. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

agreed, the price you pay if your caught could be steep.

6. Gone fishin 4 kittys

Gone fishin 4 kittys New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Dude I wouldn't risk it

PA game commison thing is out in full fource!!

Josh

7. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    You could go with the Merc.15 Big Foot.That would give you a legal motor with the larger motors foot and prop.It also comes in a 25 inch length if you wished to mount your motor higher for rough water and waves. Please let us know what you decide and how it works out.peewee-williams

8. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Sure, go ahead, just please let us all know what the fine is. Inquiring minds like ours, wanna know.

9. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I would think your local lake is trying to control erosion, not wet on your parade. They try to placate property owners by restricting the size of the waves/wakes on the lake. It is a two footed shoe...as the sportsman you want the 25 HP and as a property owner you would think a trolling motor is too much. Try to see their point and if you still want a bigger motor, go to a different lake.