Major snow and ice storm

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by readingcatfisher, Jan 27, 2009.

1. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    Major snow and ice storm is coming into the Eastern Pennsylvania area this evening overnight into the morning hours:sad2: I had to cancel a doctor appointment double:sad2::sad2: lol I hate driving 40 miles for a pain management doctor because I have crappy insurance its not right I should be able to find one a little closer than 40 miles away.:confused2:

2. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Yep, we had that storm last night, today, and still looking at some tomorrow.

3. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i don't know how you guys take all that cold. it is gonna get down to 34 here tonight and we think it is the end of the world. i was fishing in a short sleeved shirt in the sun monday afternoon.

4. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    Its been below zero here last week I think or the week before a lot colder than Texas I'm sure,lol enjoy your weather.:wink:

5. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Not that I really enjoy this frigid weather, but I don't know how you guys take all the HEAT! I personally would not enjoy fishing in 95-100 degree temperatures. Ill take my 75-85 average summers and put up with the cold for a bit :wink:

6. finster31

finster31 New Member

State:
    Mohnton Pa
    i got the call. now i'm on call for plowing tonight. bummer. i like sleep better. the best way to watch snow is to watch it melt.

7. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    got a couple inches already. looks like its going to be ugly by morning

8. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    We are getting the freezing rain pretty good now. Went outside for a bit and you could hear a tree limb break every minute or so. Got my fingers crossed for the electricity tonight.

"i don't know how you guys take all that cold."

It does not last too long. Where I am at, January starts the real chill and we are out of the worst of it by late February. A cool Spring and Fall keeps the yahoos off the water, August is the only month we generally have heat problems. A good freeze or two really helps with the bugs.

Few destructive floods, almost no tornados or earthquakes, and generally no more than 3 good snows a year and they don't last long, and if you like it cold and snowy, the Mountains are just a couple hours away.

I could not imagine living any other way. In fact, I have tried it and did not care for it.

9. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Just got home from work 20 minutes ago. My normal half hour drive took 1 hour. Roads were pretty bad! :crazy: I guess thats why I bought a vehicle with 4WD! :wink:

10. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    good to hear you got home safe Scott. was out earlier and the roads were bad, got home around 8:30 and it started the sleet/freezing rain thing. looked out front door just now and my street looks like an ice rink. be careful everybody.

11. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I'm not gonna have fun at work today. It will take me twice as long to get there, and I mostly work outside checking gas wells. If a road is to bad to go up I have to unload the four wheeler. It's gonna be fun today.
    We already had 3 wrecked trucks this winter @ work.

12. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Unfortunately this morning, a fellow teacher of mine called during the wee hours of the night telling me that because of the inclement weather, we were not allowed to come to work but we still get paid:smile2::roll_eyes::eek:oooh::cool2:.

Darn, I get to sit at home today:sad2:.

One reason I love winter storms and urban schools:wink:.

13. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    But for you both Eastsiders and Westerners, BE CAREFUL OUT THERE! Make sure you allow yourself enough time to get there. No need to rush and be in a hurry. Keep alert and always be on the Defensive side of driving.

May the good man upstairs look upon all of us!

14. xnmcclurex

xnmcclurex Active Member

State:
    Pittsburgh Pa
    oh darn, i get to miss my chemistry test. what a bummer haha

15. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    Well I WAS going to take a trip down to Cabelas today but I think I will stay here and keep my truck in 1 piece. Pretty slick out there and only supposed to get worse this afternoon.

16. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i think thats a wise call, i only live 15 mins. from cabelas and i wouldn't chance it, lots of hills in hamburg

17. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    I haven't even looked outside yet I'm too scared:crazy:

18. finster31

finster31 New Member

State:
    Mohnton Pa
    I got the call @ 3:00. plowed for 11 hours, and was soaked by the freezing rain when i was shoveling and salting the walkways. Pleasenomore snow.

19. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    I just got back in from cleaning up after my brother took him all day a case of beer and 5 gallons of gas and couldn't do the driveway .I almost gave myself another heart attack I gotta be careful doin that stuff

20. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <Not that I really enjoy this frigid weather, but I don't know how you guys take all the HEAT! I personally would not enjoy fishing in 95-100 degree temperatures. Ill take my 75-85 average summers and put up with the cold for a bit :wink:>

I'll take our YEAR AROUND fishin' ANY day! We fish at night when it's too hot to fish during the day in the summers. We catch BIG fish in the winter months!
    :smile2::smile2::smile2:

Bill in SC