Major Revision Upgrade - Update?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Phil Washburn, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    can we get a progress report on it? i like what i've seen so far, but we have lost some features to this point. thanks

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    The site was updated Phil. :tounge_out: How is this for an update?? :tounge_out:

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    One thing I dont understand..I always use the new post button, but also there is a unread post feature?

4. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    I dislike the unread post feature. Too much to plow through, and if I'd wanted to read them in the first place, most likely, I would have. It looks cluttered.

5. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    If you care not to read them in the first place it would be best to click only on NEW posts and not click on UNREAD posts. :smile2:

I have found the UNREAD posts feature beneficial when I chose to use it.

6. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    I do that, but the look of the page is not very good with all those threads hanging around. Also, I've found that if I don't go to the last unread thread, and click on it, when I come back latter, all the new threads I either read before or chose not to read are still there, plus the new unread threads. I can sing no praises for the new setup, it needs work.

7. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    Sadly change is messy sometimes. The upgrading is still going on and bugs are still being worked out.

If you have suggestions I am sure Paul would love to hear them. They do welcome suggestions. Just send in suggestions in the form of a trouble ticket.

Hopefully they will be done with upgrading soon and all will be streamlined again. :smile2:

8. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    The up-grade is is an on-going process, Paul Has a full time job with the Army and only gets to work on the up-grade alittle at a time. As far as the features that he will keep, well that is up in the air for now! Submit a trouble ticket, asking the questions that you have, make your suggestions, and any other ideas that will make the B.O.C. a better place for the membership. Trouble ticket are not only for trouble that you may have it also can be used to make suggestions, This is kinda and open door to Paul and the Staff!

9. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    thanks Verlon, i appreciate it

10. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I also enjoyed the old way to search posts. The check new posts would only bring up the new posts since you were last logged in. Much easier in my opinion.

11. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I liked that new posts used to be bold only if they were new since your last visit. Now they appear to stay bold until you click on the thread. I don't read every single thread so now I don't really know what is old and what is new unless I jot what time it was when I logged on last which doesn't always happen. Just my .02