Maintenance question

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by sw2324, Mar 30, 2007.

1. sw2324

sw2324 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I have a 1992 Mercury 150HP outboard. It runs like a champ but seems to run hot alot. There is water coming out but dont know if it is partially clogged or if running 3/4 hot and sometimes higher is normal. Also what routine maintenance should be done? And what are the problems that occur if the maintenance isnt done?

2. Rhinospawn

Rhinospawn New Member

State:
    North Dakota
    I'd have someone check the water pump. unless you have a steady stream coming out.. as for general maintnace,, I like to have freash plugs in each year and if it;s cold weather outside when stored, put stable in the tank and run it thru.

good fishing..

3. kickin_wing

kickin_wing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Also you might want to change the lower unit lube if it hasnt been changed in a while. (dont use power tools)

4. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    You can read through the multitude of threads and finds those concerning winterization. That's maintenance to do before setting up for the season and getting ready for spring.

All your maintenance questions will be covered and you might just see some answers to questions you haven't thought of yet.

In answer to, And what are the problems that occur if the maintenance isnt done?

Your engine blows. Mercs like to have the water pumps changed.