Maiden Voyage of the CAT TRACKER

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by Wally, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    27 February 2007

Well today was the BIG DAY. The maiden voyage of the CAT TRACKER.!!!
    I have taken all your advice and, hopefully put it to good use.

Fuel in the tank, vent open, plugs in the bottom, unbelted from the trailer, back down the ramp, boat…did I say back down the ramp. BACK WAY DOWN THE RAMP !!! The poor old boat has been sitting on the trailer sooo long , the runners have grown onto the metal. OK we got it broke loose. Little choke, turn the key…WRUMMMMM. Man that is a great sound. Water squirting out the back. Buba pulls the Suburban up to the parking lot as I wait for him. He gets in the Boat…I ease my way away from the dock… little more gas… WRUMMMMM up the lake we go. Oh…yea, if ya want the front of the boat in the water, the motor got to go down in the back…Little more gas. DUDE !!! we cruised at 20 MPH… wind blowing the hair…just like on TV. Little more gas and that thing jumps up on plane…MAN THAT IS COOL!!! We run the entire length of lake Wichita!! I slow it down to a crawl and let Buba drive. HEY… LAKE WICHITA IS ONLY 2’ DEEP EXCEPT IN THE MAIN CHANNEL !!! :eek:h: The boat stalls, and Buba can’t get her started. I felt bad for the boy. I got it started after I pulled the motor up from all that silt. Back out in the middle, I let Buba run it again. Man that boy was grinning from ear to ear!!:big_smile_2:
    I am sure I’ll have some things to tend to on the boat from time to time, but it was just a great day to be out with MY son in our first boat for the first time!!!:big_smile_2: :big_smile_2: :big_smile_2:

Thank you fellas for all that you have done for me and the BOC !!!!

Attached Files:

2. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    Good looking boat and great story thanks

3. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    Nice ride there Wally! Any day out on the lake with your son has to be a good one. That is definitely a memory that will last a lifetime.

4. Terry Day

Terry Day New Member

State:
    Parkville, Missouri
    Great tale there! Enjoy the boat and the freedom!

5. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Nice going Wally, sounded like a good day and a day remembed for ever by the boy. Nice looking boat.:smile2:

6. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I like that boat, thanks for sharing

7. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Well, Wally, did you have a good time..?:lol:
    Good lookin' boat...

Ol' Man
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    To achieve a great goal, one must begin with a small achievement.

8. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Walter, you sure have a fine looking boat! And sounds like you had a great day! Couldn't ask for any better than that. :big_smile:
    Thanks for telling us all about it.

9. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Like on television huh?

I hope you weren't wearing that pink thong:big_smile:

Good to see you out and finally enjoying it Wally.

10. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Walter that is what it is all about. It ain't the amount of money you spend but the time you spend on the water with family or friends.

I hope in some way I helped you and if I didn't its because BobPaul is way smarter then I am. :tounge_out: I am a bikini waxer in training. Now Walter go run some more water thru that thing.:cool2: