maiden voyage - 55lb thrust trolling motor

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by ec43146, Oct 9, 2008.

1. ec43146

ec43146 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I picked up the 55lb thrust trolling motor, now i"m ready to give it a try. I was thinking about Alum Creek or Deer Creek :confused2: just not sure which. I had my 15 hp motor rebuilt but haven't tried it out yet so it may be interesting. While out I was going to make a day of it,any suggestions on where to go? Fished both lakes but only from the bank.

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ed Welcome to the BOC. Good luck on your maiden voyage. Many times the first trip can be very interesting.

3. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    alum creek, the cove just north of the camp grounds was my favorite, when i lived up there, there is an old road bed a lil north of that and on the north side of it , it drops of into deeper water, alwas caught some good ones there , have fun an be safe

4. ec43146

ec43146 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Can you tell me where the campground is? I usually fish at the ramp north of 36/37

5. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    go to lake maps, you will need one any way, the camp ground is on the west side of alum near cheshire rd.there is a ramp on the east side of the lake, if you get a map look at the area north of the camp grounds the lake splits off into a y there, the area to the left is called Big Run bay, the map shows an old road bed there that runs east to west right at the mouth of big run, well just on the north side of the road bed is a very nice drop off that follows that old road bed, and bends up thru Big run, there is some good structure all thru that bend area lots of stumps and rock, just check it out with your depth finder, and mark it will some marker bouys if you have any, i have caught alot of nice fish there....good luck and boat safely, :wink:

6. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    oh by the way, there is a smorgaspord of fish in that area, so you might want to take the kitchen sink..:wink:

7. ec43146

ec43146 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks Paul, will give it a shot. Have you ever fished the north end of the lake by the high banks?

8. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    IF YOU DECIDE TO FISH DEERCREEK PM ME AND I'LL MEET YOU THERE. WE HAVE BEEN DOING GREAT DRIFT FISHING A COUPLE DIFFERENT PLACES THERE. I'VE NEVER FISHED ALUM SO I CAN'T HELP YOU THERE.

9. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    indeed, i have been all over that lake, the north end is good as well, where the creek channel runs along side the high banks, but i will tell ya from my experience, it is a pressured lake with all the boat traffic, but it should be better this time of year, you know with the jet skis an power boats off the lake. give it a shot, good luck

10. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Good luck on the maiden voyage brother

11. ec43146

ec43146 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I tried to pm you ohio hilljack but it said I haven't made enough post yet to do that so really don't know how too. :confused2: If I can figure this out I'llsend you one.