Maiden Fihing Trip for 2009

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by river1214rat, Mar 20, 2009.

1. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    I was able to get out on the river today...:roll_eyes::tounge_out::roll_eyes:
    River is up at 25.8 this am but we still tried behind the LG&E plant...she was too high and too fast. Went back to Salt River. Fish all over the screen, from top to bottom. We caught several small channels, not big enough to cook, but I didn't care...caught a fish, nice day.

Water temp in Salt River was at 50 degrees. Huge log jam still at RR Bridge. This will be a huge mess if it breaks loose. I am glad I do not have a dock as my neighbors dock looks like a tree island. He has caught every bit of debris that has come out of the Salt with the water coming up. Gonna try again on Sunday...

BE SAFE

Linda

2. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    Today was nice a little cool but nice.Ive got the boat battery charging up, me and a buddy are going to make a trip down to barkley and try to get on some blues tomorrow.:wink:

3. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    Billy, good luck to you, catch some bigggg ones and also... WELCOME TO THE BOC!

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Linda thanks for sharing your maiden fishing trip of 2009. Glad you were able to get out and any fish was a plus. Enjoyed.

5. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    Thanks for the welcome Linda.I dont post very often but Ive been a member for awhile.Well we went below barkley dam yesterday.We started out trying to catch bait.We didnt have much luck but we finally managed to catch 4 nice skipjacks on sabiki rigs Eddie my cousin caught a 8 pnd sucker on his first cast out with his sabiki rig talk about a fight!He also caught a 11 pnd spoonbill on his cat rod ,the hook got caught in the fishes side.
    we went down the river and set up on a nice hole in a outside bend .We caught a couple small blues I lost one in the timber and my cousin had a good size fish come off.Fishin was slow but we really enjoyed being on the water.

6. seahaggy

seahaggy New Member

State:
    kentucky
    After last year i hope i can fish alot on the ohio with the cost of gas and the hot weather i was fishing closer to home. Linda did you get the boat fixed up like you wanted..?? Im always working on my boat it seems , not for repairs but improvements , upgrades it's like a hobby to me. LOL I went from bank fishing , a rubber raft , pond boat , small jon to the catfish rig i have now in about a 20 year span.I guess most of us do.The only mods i made to the rubber raft was from paddle to trolling motor and lots and lots of ways to patch her that shoe goo works wonders.Catfish and rubber don't go to well together "hell" nor did hooks , rocks , sticks my ship went down many a time but i always manage to make it to shore. I got alot of extra fishing , boat stuff if you need or looking for something just let me know. Your fishin friend.