Mahoning creek lake

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by RandyS, Jul 29, 2008.

1. RandyS

RandyS New Member

State:
    Pa
    I went fishing this evening at Mahoning creek lake. Did'nt even have a nibble. It probably would have been better if I could have night fished a while. They say there are some nice channel cats there.

2. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    Yep, I've caught channels out of mahoning creek lake. I've also caught quite a few channels upstream. I swear mahoning creek has the most catfish of any stream in west PA. you can catch channels up way beyond punsxy; up to where you just as likely to catch a trout.

are you shore bound or do you have the mobility of a boat?

3. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I havn't fished Mahoning Ck Lake in a few years but I always enjoyed it when I did! Fairly remote water that doesn't get pressured as much as other lakes. Just got to be careful not to run into one of those Amish horse n buggys. I came around a sharp bend one time and had to hit the brakes hard! :crazy:

4. cchichy

cchichy New Member

State:
    Cookport,
    the biggest we have pulled out of there was a 33 incher up at milton loop campground boat launch

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN

Thanks for the report, I hope you are more successful next time out. Keep us posted