magic hog wild dip bait

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by cathunter600, May 24, 2009.

1. cathunter600

cathunter600 New Member

State:
    alabama
    What is everyone's opinion about the dip bait and if it is good to use.

2. pitbull1078

pitbull1078 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    never caught a thing with it. I like Sonny's or Geno's

3. patrickgd

patrickgd New Member

State:
    Memphis TN
    I own some but have yet to catch a fish on it. I find fresh natural baits to work much better- livers, minnows, worms, cut bait fish etc.

4. catfish_clayton

catfish_clayton New Member

State:
    Catania, Italy,
    Don't care much for it. The only dip bait I've caught anything on is Catfish Dynamite. It seems to work best on the real hot days of summer. I like catalpa worm and bbq flavor.

Still, with having said this. I would much rather use something natural. Minnows, chubs, gills, cut-bait, etc.

Well anyway, hope this helps.

5. deadly_legend

deadly_legend New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    i havnt used that one...
    But, i have used sonny's and junnies, and i LOVE them both. i've had more luck on them that livers and minnows and such. but, i dont catch monsters, but thats just my opinion :)

6. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    dont waste your money tried it used the whole thing and not a nibble.the only ones ive used i know that works is sonnys,junnies,and my new favorite secret7.

7. lissaannjon

lissaannjon New Member

State:
    Dubuque, IA
    it may just depend on where at or what time of the year your using it. Ive had great success for eater sized channels on it. actually it outfishes about anything else ive used which is most of them. i still like using cutbait best but hog wild is second on my list!

8. LiveWire

LiveWire New Member

State:
    LaVergne, Tennessee
    Never had any luck with the Hog Wild alone. BUT, I have mixed it in with chicken livers in the past and let it marinate for a day or so. My luck increased after trying that. They seem to hit the livers soaked in it more than they hit the livers soaked in nothing.

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have a buddy that swears by it. He buys it by the 30# bucket. And has used several buckets of it. His freezer is always full of catfish. I agree that different lakes and different days makes a difference on what fish will react to. This is the reason a fisherman needs to carry several different baits. This Hoss Hawg Bait won the Rend Lake prepare bait tournament last year at Rend Lake in June. 1st,2nd,3rd place and maybe big fish.

10. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    They are all pretty much the same. What separates them the most is marketing.

You can always find a group of people that love a bait, or hate a bait, you just have to ask around.

11. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Yup Big P you be right...I have used alot of wild-g&s cheese bait and course sonnys-been to where sonny makes her up in a little town called farmington along the DesMion river...dan kings...yet to try secret 7 ...I like fresh rotten bait out the river best but have sucess with failures in storebought bait....