Magic carp bait

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by countrycat15, Apr 4, 2006.

1. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    hay yall,has anyone ever heard of "magic bait compony premo carp bait"in vanilla flavor. if u have please tell me if u have cought any carp on it and how big was it.thanks

2. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    ive seen it in the store but ive never used it.id be interested in hearing about it myself.

3. foreverflathead

foreverflathead New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Hi
    I cant say ive ever used it but if your into carp fishing I have a couple of suggestions for you to try. The best luck Ive had is finding a mallberry tree that hangs over the water, use a small hook and one ripe mallberry, carp love them! Also alot of people use homemade doughballs. Ive tried many but none seems to work any better than just buying a loaf of bread, cutting off the crust and wadding the remainder on a hook, I catch many 20 pound carp with this method every year.

4. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Of the thousands of carp that I have caught....I have never caught any on store bought bait....even that MagigBait. Stick with corn and doughballs.

5. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    My buddy bought some of that vanilla flavored carp bait last summer and we tried it out with no results to show for it...its really weird, the bait floats so if your trying to bottom fish, your bait floats as far off the bottom as the length between your hook and sinker, it also leaves a weird white trail when you reel it through the water. From now on I stick with wheatys, cornflakes, corn, and bread.

6. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    I caught some good sizes one on corn last year and the best thing of its CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP to use and if you get hungry just grap ya a hand full and take a bite h:frk-big:

7. dex

dex Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have seen it in Wally World, but have never used it

8. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Ive never used it but something that I have used is dough balls, taking some dough and role them up in balls then putting them on a hook. Usually will catch some Carp.

9. onionhead1112

onionhead1112 New Member

State:
    Ocala, FL
    I have tried it and found it to be not very good. Plain old worms and corn is best for carp or you can get more elaborate and make your own stuff wheaties etc. or boilies or pack bait with some kind of hook bait. Carp here in the US arnt as picky as the average Euro ones Ive a lot of Euro kit and tried lots of stuff for bait but nearly always ended up going back to the old stand by baits anyhow.The other stuff will catch you fish but carp need time to learn boilies are food, if its an area you fish often try chumming it with some bait now and again then try your luck. Ive even got them on gummy baers once!But I dont recommend chumming with candy.
    The magic bait may indeed work but I didnt get anything from it.
    Now in carpless florida so I cant say how they would go for it down here.I only tried imagic bait once when in Indiana.

10. wizkersNworms

wizkersNworms New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have never caught any on the vanilla bait--I have done better with, as many on here have said, just plain dough, corn, or the occasional accidents on stink bait.