Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

magic baits new STICK IT punchbait

3K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  wneubauer 
#1 ·
FINALLY, STICK IT,the new punch bait by MAGIC BAIT will be available on a limited basis in texas. It's brand new and a few of the guides that helped test and develop it will be selling it. They are: George Rule at Tawakoni, Mike Weeks at Palestine and Bro. Terry Terry at Eagle Mountain and Bridgeport... It will take a while to get the new bait in the 'pipeline' and route it to the large retailer.

#6 ·
Yes, Jaimie,I have worked with the folks at Magic Bait from the beginning of the process that led to the developement of the bait. It was throughly tested by a team of guides, beginning with sample A and ending with sample E, the finished product. This stuff is awesome. the fiber is not long and stringy, it's shorter but the bait is also very 'sticky' it stays on the hook well. This is not a DIP bait, but rather a PUNCH bait that has the ability to stay on the hook without a sponge or holder, making it easy to use. I've used in on many occasions and consider it an excellent catfish bait. I've used it, casting under corks an fishing vertically and it preforms well under both situations.
I believe Bro. Terry at Eagle Mountain www.creatorsguideservice, George Rule at Tawakoni and Mike Weeks at Lake Palestine get the first shipment tomorrow. Good fishing to you.

#11 ·
This stuff really is the cat's meow! I know George Rule also has it there at Anchor Inn Marina. Was not aware it's at Sabine Tackle but that's good! By the way, Rule is hammering the cats in 22 ft. water on Stick It.. Go to www.catfishradio.com and listen to him talking about a recent outing. Glad to see Bro. Terry here on the BOC and hope to see more of him. He's a great friend, guides at Eagle Mountain mostly but Bridgeport some.. take care, Luke

#12 ·
I tried Magic Stick It today. No results. I think the fish just weren't feeling it today. But,it was one hell of a day on cut shad. They weren't biting anything but the shad. Well,all but the biggest channel caught bymy son. It was caught on a worm and weighed 6#.

#13 ·
You'll find this stuff is put together well, made to stay on the hook. Check out the 'rich' look. It's easy to see there's lots of fish attracting ingrediants packed into STICK IT! Give us a report, Mr. Motard. Not sure how the catfish have been doing at Ray Hubbard but still on a Tear at Tawakoni, early mornings... luke

#17 ·
My peoblem with DK is it flying off the hook when I cast it hard. It also gets real oily when hot. The stick it never broke down. That says alot in my book. I am gonna try and get out to another lake this weekend. The channels are still bititng good at my favorite spot. We'll see what its really worth then. My psychic predictions tell me this stuff is GREAT.lol

#18 ·
ray hubbard has been excellent on cut shad. i was out sunday on the north side of the lake and was tearing up the blues under the bridges, a few channels but mainly the blues. i put 2 poles w cut shad in the rod holders and started jiggin for crappie. no crappie but caught a nice blue on a white and black jig. alot of fun!

#22 ·
I got some out at Sabine Tackle and spent 2 1/2 hours out at Lavon with my 6 yr old daughter Sunday afternoon. (She really did make it 2 1/2 hours bank fishing...) That stuff really sticks. Several bites, but no hookups... I did foul hook a 1 in shad that was nibbling on it so everyone wanted a taste...

Mo's right about it tolerating heat well. It was hot on Sunday, and the bait stayed sticky.. Big Marv was softer, but still ok, my DK was ok, but not like the StickIt...

So far, so good...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.