Magic bait?

Discussion in 'Fishing Bait Review' started by brinley45cal, Sep 11, 2007.

1. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Has anyone tried the crawfish and chicken blood kind?I normally dont have very much luck with the store bought prepared baits so i dont use them much.But i was just courious to see if anyone has tried it and had any luck.

2. philly'swife

philly'swife New Member

State:
    Phila. Pennsylvania
    The chicken blood stinks, but I've caught channels with it. So yes it works.

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I havent used it in a few years ,but I had good luck with the chicken blood, and the chicken liver/grasshopper type

4. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I bought the one that is already formed in a ball for you i think it comes in jar also. I have gotten a few bites here and there but never hooked into anything. I bought a bag around maybe mid June or so. I haven't given up on it yet. Yes it does stink especially if you get under your nails...lol...

5. brinley45cal

State:
    kentucky
    well i was just courious because ive had a few bites but ive never caught anything on it,and ive tried several kinds.

6. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Don't give up on it. It seems to work better in lakes then in streams or rivers for me.:0a26:

7. xposedguts

xposedguts New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ive used the origional magic bait dip bait and its my fav. channel bait along side chicken livers

8. big taz

big taz New Member

State:
    california
    I use fresh bait but I have used johnny b blood bait to smere on my bait when the bite is tough and it turned them on. I have tried it by itself as well and I did alright with it.. So, yes chicken blood will work.. IMHO

:cool2:

9. koakley1

koakley1 New Member

State:
    Kansas

I never thought of using blood bait on fresh bait, I,ll give it a try. Thanks big taz and welcome to the BOC!

10. brinley45cal

State:
    kentucky
    yeah sometimes when i use bluegill heads ill stuff the mouth with blood bait or dip bait or something like that.especally if ive had the heads frozen for awhile,just to give them some extra smell.

11. jwillie

jwillie New Member

State:
    texas
    I use D.K. catch alot of channels&blues,Iuse Sour maize for chum,Icatch some on Magic bait

12. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I keep some of that stuff in my truck just in case I feel lke wetting a line after work. Ive caught a few channels, nothing like raw shrimp though.