Magic Bait

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by elshale, Sep 26, 2005.

1. elshale

elshale New Member

State:
    Snellville, Georgia
    HAs anyone had luck with magic bait brand dough bait I tried it this weekend and only caught one turtle. I bought the chicken and blood flavor. Please tell the flavor or kind you have luck with.

2. s_self88

s_self88 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    Last weekend we caught these little channels on Magic bait Premo.

Attached Files:

3. elshale

elshale New Member

State:
    Snellville, Georgia
    so the premo works good cool. I will ty that do you just stick it on a treble hook or what

4. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    elshale they sell little spongetreble hooks at wal mart it is with the hog wild baits they come in packs of 2 for around 1.79? you dip them into the premo and roll em around till its completely covered by the bait and i think it says to put the baited hook in the water for a few minutes to get it" set up" so you can cast it. just trying to help man

5. explayer

explayer New Member

State:
    Tucson AZ
    I have used almost all of the magic bait: blood, Whopper shad, etc. I will have to tell you that it seems to me that the magic stink bait seems to work better during the early part of the year, like spring. When you get closer to the months we are in now, chicken liver works better or something else. But that has just been my experience over the last year.

Have a nice day,
    Bye-Bye
    :D

6. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Hi. There is an earlier thread on magic bait. Just Fyi. I have big bite chicken blood come in a big royal purple container. Here is my experience with it. First time trying nothing at all. Second try a couple of bites but no hard hits. Here is when the whole things changes. Third try i caught 10 channels of varying sizes. (one decent size one got away as the clip on the leader line came open). My best night fishing possibly in my entire life. Could of caught more but it was getting late. Fourth try nothing not even as much as a nibble. Fifth try caught one small maybe 8 inch channel. Sixth time some nibble but they drop it. I have since pretty much stopped using it although i will ocassionally give a shoot with no sucess. Oh and it smells like pooh that is the down side of it. But it stays on the hook well enough.

7. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I always keep a package of king kat blood or cheese bait in my tackle box. The bait keeps forever if you close the bag up. Id have to agree with the works best in spring comment and the dip it in water before you cast it out.
    Ive had problems with the treble hooks with a spring so now I use a 1/0 baitholder hook and it holds pretty good.
    Its always a hoot to see if you can get any of your friends to smell it. :D

8. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    one thing i forgot to mention with the doughbait is always put it in two or 3 ziplock bags before tossing it in your tacklebox it cuts down a little better on the smell and your tacklebox would thank you for it lmao

9. Southernraised84

Southernraised84 New Member

State:
    Fayettnam, North Carolina
    Went out tonight and used magic bait for the first time and caught a 15 pound carp and had alot of good bites.All in all i would say it works pretty good so far.

10. elshale

elshale New Member

State:
    Snellville, Georgia
    I think I will keep what I have around but not use it for my primary bait.

11. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    elshale that is the best way to do it man if the bait isnt alive usually the big ones turn their noses up at it unless its cut bait. i have heard 20 lbers caught on livers but not many fish of that size caught with magic bait from what iv heard anyway if they have caught em it would be nice to hear about what they did and how they were fishing it (dragging the bottom,or other methods) im kinda curious about exactly how good it is

12. elshale

elshale New Member

State:
    Snellville, Georgia
    You got to have that bait that you just throw out when nothing else works.