magic bait: stick it punch bait

Discussion in 'LOCAL VIRGINIA TALK' started by kathunter_64, Aug 9, 2008.

1. kathunter_64

kathunter_64 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    anybody used it, and had any luck? been talkin to a guy from magic bait lately and i complained that i couldnt catch anything on any of their stuff so he sent me some of their new stuff for free. punch bait, hog wild balls and a hat haha.

ive used it a few times and just got one bite. for some reason i really beleive it would work. never caught anything on any kind of stink bait. but for sm reason i just have a feeling about this stuff. maybe just false hope.. idk haha.

just give me your opinions on those types of baits. thanks guys

2. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    do you catch fish in the same waters with other baits like worms,minnows or shad? i have seen people bad mouth baits before and in reality there just werent many fish in the waters they were fishing.. just a thought:confused2:

3. kathunter_64

kathunter_64 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    yeah we catch fish on lots of other things, mostly shad though. ive took that stink bait to pay ponds that i know is full of fish and never even got a bite. makes me wonder if they are just out to get our money :confused2:

4. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    I've used the Magic Bait Chicken Liver and Blood bait in place of chicken livers for some time now. I have been somewhat successful with it, about the same as with liver. I like the Magic Bait simply because it's quick and easy to use.

There has been a lot of debate over whether stink bait or liver works best; I have been successful with both and skunked with both, so I stick with Magic Bait.

I figure that Magic Bait is better than dog food (which some folks stand by), but perhaps not quite as good as liver under some conditions.

I would never expect Magic Bait to work well outside of channel catfishing on small lakes--the environment I prefer to fish. Don't expect to catch the big flatties or blues on stink bait or liver either!

5. kathunter_64

kathunter_64 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    yeah i just use it to dabble for little channel cats and stuff. just take my light tackle and about 10lb line. when im goin for flatties i use shad or bluegill. dont really fish for blues much, because they arnt very common around here..

tryed it again for about 4 hours today and still nothin.. tryed it on bottom, on bobber at diferent depths, and just about anything you could think of lol. but i did have fun catchin some bluegills while i was waiten on the cats haha