Magic bait - Catfishing Prepared Fishing Bait?

Discussion in 'Fishing Bait Review' started by brinley45cal, Mar 4, 2006.

1. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I was wandering if anyone has tried or now uses that magic bait?Is it any good?Also other then danny kings is there a good punch bait or dip bait or dough bait that you buy from the store thats any count?
    I normally use cut bait or liver things like that and was wanting to try a little variety but i didnt want to waste my money on something that dosent work.Any input would be appreciated.

2. Ravensmavsfan

Ravensmavsfan New Member

State:
    Cincinnati,OH
    Magic bait ,as most stinkbaits, shouldn't be fished in large bodies of water. For me, it works ok when the temp gets above 70, fishing small ponds and streams where the bait won't wear out because of current and the smell can be concentrated to the whole body of water.

Cutbait and liver are far better in my opion and don't cost as much.

And I've had a couple cats on the Hog wild dipbait .

3. brinley45cal

State:
    kentucky
    Where is everyone?I could sure use some help here.Mybe i should have named the thread something else,i guess i might have to do that.Anyway one last question.Do you have to use a dip worm or looper rig when using dip baits or can you use the hooks that have the spring on them?Help a brother out here folks.

4. redhawknc1

redhawknc1 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Haven't had much experience with man made baits. And what experience that I have had was unproductful. Under the right circumstances, I am sure it will work, but better in say a pond. Live bait or cut bait always seems to produce a lot better for me. Always try to use bait that is already in your water system. I like to catch fresh panfish and use for cut bait. Even nightcrawlers produce better for me. Find a magic bait and let me know! Good luck!
    Wayne

5. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    I use Sonny's all the time. Around here, you can pick it up at farm and home, Big R, Walmart, etc. Work really well on channels. Biggest i've caught on it was 14lbs. I Always try make sure I have a jar onhand incase they aint hittin on shad, liver, etc.
    I've always used Tubes and sponges untill.... I came here and discovered Loopers. Best rig out there for dip bait, and at 1.75 you got nothing to loose in trying em imho. I've got several of buddies "hooked" on em now heh.
    Never tried the spring loaded hooks. Wouldnt think it would stick to well to it...

6. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    I use them spring hooks with the magic bait dough balls. I have a hard time gettin it off after I put it on there. I just get a ball and smush or squeeze or squish it on the hook. if you want big channels use a big hook with 2 or 3 balls on the sprang. but for good eatin size 1,2 or 3 pounders a good medium size treble will do fine I thank. I aint a pro for sure but maybe this will help you out.

7. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I believe you will find that magic bait works well in every location except swift water. It just won't stay on the hook long enough to entice the fish. And yes, the stink baits and dough baits do work... it is just that at times the fish are so finicky you'd swear it was the bait and it isn't. Just their notions about eating.

8. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I have used Magic Bait for years. I have had great success in ponds, small and large lakes. My son always asks for it when his birthday comes around. I like the blood, but he always fishes the shad. Its handy and easy to find nearly anywhere. I always carry a bag in case other baits run low or my son uses up all of his.

Good luck to you

9. brinley45cal

State:
    kentucky
    KSPOR.I bought some the other day and i bought the blood flavor as well.Do you find that one works the best out of all the different flavors?Wal-mart had about every kind they make and i couldnt decide between the chicken liver or the blood so i went with the blood.Also what kind of hook do you fish them on?

10. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Ok other then DK i have used just about every bait you will find at wally world or K mart etc. The only other bait that i have had any luck with was hog wild dip bait. And its wasn't half the bait DK its I hear sonny's is a good bait also but i haven't used it.