Mag lites

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by wishiwasfishin, Mar 11, 2006.

1. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    man a mag lite is tuff dropped mine in about 3 foot of water and it had to set until i got my fish in but low and behold picked it up, shuck out the water and presto she still burning good:)

2. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    yeah man and they last FOREVER i know atleast 7 years... thats why police use them!

3. Coloman

Coloman New Member

State:
    Soddy Daisy, Tn
    I use them on the boat and at work. I have one that is about 10 years old that has taken severl falls of 10-15 feet and still keeps going. I carry 1 on my tool belt( mini mag), they only seam to last a couple of years.

4. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I swear by the keychain micro mags. Little 3 inch flashlight. they are good for about 1-2years. I keep giving them as X-mas gifts, they love them and Everyone needs one.

5. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    I've dropped them on concrete floors from 6-8 feet up and it didn't hurt them a bit.

6. duck_killr

duck_killr New Member

State:
    il
    I Was On A Biology Trip To Southern Illinois A Few Years Ago. We Decided To See How Tuff Our Mag Lights Were. I Was The First To Throw My 5 Cell Mag Light Off A 400 + Foot Cliff. It Landed On Some Grass. My Lights Still Works Today. I Had To Replace The Batteries Because They Were Leaking. And My Lense Cap Is Convexed Now. Other Than That It Is Fine. Several Other Guys Threw There Lights Off As Well. One Guy Didn't Clear The Oak Trees Below. We Heard It Hit Several Big Limbs On The Way Down, But It Still Works. The Rubber Button Come Off. Other Than That It's Fine. After That I Can Say I Am A Believer Now.

7. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    i own a couple c cell mags 1 holds 3 c's 1 holds 2 c's
    then i got 1 holds 2 d's and about 10 minimags holds 2 AA
    and 3 holds 2 AAA
    i have them in my tool pouches tool boxes tackle bags/boxs truck doors
    the little 3AAA one is on my cell phone holder the other 2 each kid has one by there bed in case of a storm or power outage.

out of all of these and a few that was swiped at work from me or lost
    ive only had a couple that had problems other than a burnt bulb or dead batterys.
    i swear by em .
    if you really want to conserve on batteries on the AAsize get the led conversion kit and it says the battery life is extended tremendously
    and its real brite too! they even got an adapter that slides over the lense to make a fiber optic tube that fits in small areas to illuminate them.
    got 2 of those too:rolleyes: guess you could say they are MAGnificent:p

8. Moon Cat

Moon Cat New Member

State:
    Upper Marlboro, Maryland
    I use the 2 aa size mag light at work. The only part that I wear out is the plastic lense. It gets hazy from solvents. I wish the smaller 2 aa size light had a on/off switch like the bigger lights.I have a 5 d cell mag light that got a dent in the Al. case. I cant use it anymore because I cant get the old batterys out. There jammed in. I use a LED head lamp when night fishing.

9. cat daddy 791

cat daddy 791 New Member

State:
    Kansas- Wichita
    I Have A Four Cell And I Wouldn't Go Fishing Without It. And The Thought Of Someone Forcing Me Into Using It As A Self - Defense Weapon, Makes It Even More Important For Me To Keep Around. My Father In Law Gave It To Me For Christmas A Few Years Ago. Its Been Well Used, Thats For Sure.

10. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Bought my first and only 2 cell Maglite many years ago. They have replaced it twice. Once I was having problems with the switch. I was in Bass Pro and told them about it. They said bring it in, they gave me a new one.

Last year I found the batteries had gone bad, swelled and stuck inside the case. No way could I remove them. I email Maglite, they said send it in, they sent me a new one.

Sure can't beat their warranty!

11. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I love Mag lights. I dropped one from the top of a roller coaster when I was younger and working at an amusement park. It fell and hit the asphault.

Still works to this day, and that was more than 10 years ago.

12. Rockjumper

Rockjumper New Member

State:
    Parker,Pennsylvania
    I will have to try that out, our fire dept. has about 6 of them like that.

13. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    There are the Timex of Flashlites.. They take a licking and keep on ticking...

I've seen em used for everything.. Billy CLubs, Tire Knockers, Tent Spike Driver hehe, Hammer, Support strut....

14. scout

scout Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I have a 2 c-cell maglite that is over 10 years old that I use at work. When hurricane Rita put our workplace 7 feet under salt water my Maglite was sumerged for several days. When I finally got to it it was still working and still works today.:)

15. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    I have the LED conversion for my 2AA Maglite, it's nice but doesn't have the spot to flood capability.Have Litium batteries in it, and been running the same batteries since August.
    Will