Madison

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by skippi2use, Oct 2, 2009.

1. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Does anyone want to go to madison with Steve and I tomarrow. NOT (FLOOTY)steve. Planning on being on the water a little after 8AM. Steve and I are going to go to tanners in the morning to catch bait before we go down. Unless I can get it from Brookville. Try to let me know as early as possable.

2. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Wish I could man, but I gotta be mr mom on the weekends... been like that for almost two years now.

3. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Got that prob. through the week myself as you know.

4. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Tangling with catfish touranment tomorrow on Madison ramp 8 am to 5 pm $100.00 per boat. Come on down !!! :wink:

5. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    love to but cant get there in time.

6. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    Well I hope you guys tore them up.

7. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    ROLLER CHOP ROLLER CHOP. I think that is the first time IVE ever been sea sick in my life. We caught a fish. A 10" fish. Allison loved the 20 mile run on the river roller coaster. Steve and I had enough before we got to the madison power plant.. We stopped just above 18 mile island because I couldnt take no more. Should have stayed home and fish out of my bath tub. I would have to say I think I have fished on rougher water, not sure though. Normally it will lay down at some point. I did find a spot loaded with skippis. 1st time ive ever seen them any where near madison besides at the dam. We did find some awsome looking water today. Found some gigantic tree piles. Left several hooks in them so that I could find those spots again.

8. Beacher

Beacher New Member

State:
    indiana
    WOW!!!Was it a rough day on the water yesterday Jeremy and i caught 10 fish 5 blues and 5 channels we weighed in 52lbs in little tourny out of madison to take 1st and big fish.

9. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    Did anyone else do any good?

10. Steve

Steve New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Congrates on the win. Did you guys catch most of your fish early in the day before the wind picked up? Steve

11. Jeremy Leach

Jeremy Leach New Member

State:
    Madison In
    Most of our fish came between noon and 4:00. It was rough but we managed. We tried something a little different being I'm to lazy to throw the anchor and swore early this year that I wouldn't throw it again. There was a few areas that were better then others on the wind but it was all pretty bad. We had a good time though and I guess that is what mattered.

12. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I fished with a guy that anchored at every stop... anchor up and down, up and down.... pullin' the anchor 30, 40, 50 and 60' wore me the hell OUT! lol. I swear, If I were fishing the Ohio all the time like you guys, I'd have me the best of the best electric achor winches.... cause like Skippi2use said in a thread somewhere doing that crap is for the birds! lol

13. rks1949

rks1949 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    If I fished the Ohio. I'd have to get a long anchor line!:smile2: Mine is only 50 ft. long ( I fish the Wabash,and don't need any more line). But I'm planning on getting out on the Ohio next year,so it sounds like I'll need a longer line! (And some one to haul it in,and out!):wink: Ron

14. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks for the info. I was trying to cover more area than what you can do from anchor. And allot of time when you are just driving around looking at the bottom you miss things to mark on the gps. So for me the best way to explore is to float around. Even if that means you dont catch anything. Which I tend to do allot. But got some very good info and learned allot from it. By the way my 50# thrust CO-pilot trolling motor is up for sale!

15. Jeremy Leach

Jeremy Leach New Member

State:
    Madison In
    Ya after this weekend I should try and sale my 75lb one also. What a day but I guess it makes us appreciate the good days when we get them.

16. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Ya big weenie:big_smile:...W

17. perrycounty.in

perrycounty.in New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I think i took my 50# anchor out this summer and i hope i don't see it for a long time. I think i should have downsized along time ago.

Speakin of madison anyone gonna fish the madison classic next year? Im gonna be lookin for a partner. Im fixin to go ahead and put my deposit down soon but not sure on a partner yet.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2009
  18. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Im fishing it aaron. its just a big mystery on who my partner will be.....so mine will prolly be undecided until it gets closer

19. perrycounty.in

perrycounty.in New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Yeah i know its early. But whoever im gonna fish it with id like for us to go up there a few times before hand. Ive never fished there before.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2009
  20. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    yeah ive only fished madison once or twice. and ud think i would have fished it more. ive fished markland quite a few times all the way down to vevay. but never too much further than that. which if push comes to shove i could just run that far for the classic.