madison lake

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by ohio catfisherman, Jul 23, 2008.

1. ohio catfisherman

ohio catfisherman New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i was wondering if anyone has ever fished this lake before there having a tournament this weekend and i was thinking about giving it a try

2. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    please give us a report rick

3. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    Hi everyone. This is my first post here and it likes like a great community. I also heard about the tournaments they have at Madison and figured i'd check it out. So i took my girlfriend and the kids there on the 27th to see what the lake and the tournament were about. I'd fished there previously many years ago and caught most small channels and yellowbellied bullheads but that was like 15 years ago.
    Anyway, the tournament runs from 7 pm till 2 am and we got there at around 8:30 and drove around the lake to get an idea of how many people were fishing in the tournament. I saw maybe 8-10 teams (or solo fisherman) bankfishing and perhaps 6 boats on the water. We set up our spot on the east bank using chicken liver mostly and within a half hour the cats were biting pretty good. We were there until 1:00 am or so and caught 7 or 8 channels. The two largest were around 5 lbs and most of the others were probably around 1-2 lbs. We didn't catch ANY bullheads.
    We were asked by one group fishing the tournament by boat how were were doing and asking what we were using for bait and they said they'd only caught one cat and by the tone of his voice it wasn't going well for them. The tournament and the club that sponsors it have a website at buckeyecatfish.com but they haven't updated the site lately so i couldn't find out what the results for that night or the previous few were. From the results i saw from the previous tournaments there it looks like it's pretty tough to catch the big ones but it would probably be alot of fun. There's another tourney there this friday night (the 8th) and i might just enter. I think the tourney might need an influx of BOC members to make it even more fun!

4. catfishking35

catfishking35 New Member

State:
    ohio
    never heard of it where is it located?

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a real nice lake. Good luck

6. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    It's near London. Maybe 20 Miles Southwest of downtown Columbus. Not a big lake. Around 100 acres i believe.

7. buckeyecat

buckeyecat New Member

State:
    ohio
    I've fished it a few times and have always caught something.
    All channels cats on Liver and/or Shirmp.

Nice little lake...electric Motor only