Madencreek

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by Bassmaster23, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Bassmaster23

Bassmaster23 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I usually catfish in Fleetwood pa at madencreek next to the bridge by mcartles.. Haven't caught any cat fish yet but had alot of bites last night.. Anyone else fish this area for catfish? I usually just use chicken livers based in garlic and shrimp. Ill post pictures soon.

2. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    Is that on Rt 662 above ontelaunee?

3. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    Not sure if that's where he means but I've fished there several times, both day and night, and never caught anything. I will say that the area looks good but it is also fished quite heavily. If yuou go north of the bridge (down in the brush area along the creek) watch and be aware because there are generally snakes in there. I always though it should be good where the creeks feeds into Maiden just upstream from the bridge but as I said, I've had no luck.

4. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    I've only ever caught white perch or white bass not sure which they were but my father-in-law told me a lot of stories about that area being productive for channels and big carp

5. Bassmaster23

Bassmaster23 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Yes it is on 662 right up from the bar called mcartles and right before the gun club... I usually just go to the bridge at night for catfish but it is heavily fished.. But most people who go there are just messing around to waste time in the day.. Deff plenty of big bass and sum catfish.. Mostly little guys though. Deff some monster carp.. I use to go to blue marsh spillway for catfish and walleye but thats so fished out its pathetic. IDK where to go anymore for a good round of cat fishing except up north near tamaqa and minersville or out on a boat on blue marsh.. I never have ANY LUCK at outalunee anymore either AHH whats up there.. Always catch MONSTER bass but never any catfish. I know there are record breaking catfish in that lake but i cant find them.. I tried next to the main road at the dam for a couple days and still not a single catfish. Maybe i just suck at cat fishing haha.

6. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    Always try the Skuke I always seem to come up with something out of the river:wink:

7. finster31

finster31 New Member

State:
    Mohnton Pa
    some kid caught a 16lb channel out there. he won the Rick's big fish of the year contest of the year. said he caught it on liver. i heard that lake is loaded with channels.

8. Bassmaster23

Bassmaster23 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    You mean outalunee? Ricks bait and tackle shop ahh that hasnt been open for a long time. I remember when it use to be part of the madencreek tv store.

9. Bassmaster23

Bassmaster23 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Whos all going out tomorrow for the first day of trout?? Im so excited for it, ill be out around 4 am.. Im prob gonna either go by body zone near reading or to the tolp dam near the old fox theaters..

10. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    ricks bait and tackle moved down the street from maidencreek tv, went under new management a couple years ago, i live 3 mins. from there and fish ontalaunee, and stopped at mcardles for a beer or two and fished the bridge a few times, most of the better fishing is at the river

11. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    I've fished the Maiden Creek quite a bit at Lenhartsville. Below the falls south of Lenhartsville (I know the owner of the old mill and can access the good side). I've also fly fished at the iron bridge along 143 north of Lenhartsville. This is a fun stretch for trout with a fly rod. Walking the rocks while wading can be a challenge though.