Made some ??????? Bait

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by centexcop, Nov 7, 2008.

1. centexcop

centexcop New Member

State:
    Texas
    I had an idea this morning to make some homemade dough bait, pre molded where i could put it in a zip lock bag and with age it would just get better. I had it all planned out, was going to use some liver, Vienna sausage, garlic, sardines, corn meal and cotton balls. knowing that I would be in serious trouble if i used my wife's blender, I had planned ahead and bought a 13.00 blender from Wal-mart. I started making what I was sure was going to be the best ever batch of "Big Joe's Catfish bait". I started with the sardines, got them into the blender and poof, they were liquid. Added the vienna sausage, and all was going according to plan. Added the Chicken liver and some garlic and it was looking pretty good. I tore up cotton balls and added some corn meal at the same time. Obviously the blender is not of the quality to handle Big Joe's Catfish Bait, it started making a noise. I thought I'd let it cool down a minute. Started it back up and everything was fine. I could tell by this point that I was going to have a hard time getting the consistency right to make dough balls, so I thought I would use an empty punch bait container and put it all in there and have some homemade punch bait. I added more cotton, and blended more. The blender started smoking. I let it cool off, but then it wouldn't re-start. No big deal, i'll just scrape it all out of the blender and mix by hand. The pieces of coton balls had re-balled themselves and it was a total mess. I took the mixture from my workshop and decided to go in the house and finish it with the wife's blender...... Bad idea, I got the blender pretty clean and I don't think she would notice that I used it... If it wasn't for the awful smell that fills the kitchen. I lit some candles and opened a window and then remembered that this is the day she gets off work early. Luckily, she just called me and wants to grab a bite to eat in town before she comes home.... Hopefully the smell will be gone when she gets in....

Oh, and the Bait?? It never really worked the way I had planned it, but may still be the best batch i've ever made.....lol.........hopefully i'll find out tonight....

2. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    i've done stuff like that use her blender mixing bowls etc... somehow she always manages to find out no matter how well i think i have my tracks covered lol

3. Ol Tex

Ol Tex New Member

State:
    Texas
    Vi doesn't complain if I mix mine in the kitchen so long as I don't use any of our kitchen utensils or appliances and air the place out good. Problem is, the dogs go nuts tryin' to find what smells so good.
    John

4. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    should have used flour instead of cotton balls to thicken it up:wink: blender probally would have appreciated it and it probally would work better. soaking cotton balls in the mix after mixing & before hooking would probally work too.

5. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Joey, thought I was gonna fall off my chair laughing at your post! Just tell her you're trying to come up with a bait that make you a millionaire!:wink: That should keep you outta trouble.

6. centexcop

centexcop New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thanks, but I've tried the millionaire idea before... didn't work...lol I did luck out though, she didn't have a clue.... Since she was going to grab a bite to eat, I had a little time. We have been doing some remodeling in the house, so I sanded down some trim around a door and painted it.... paint fumes trump bait fumes....lol still haven't tried the bait, because shortly after she got home, my mother in law came over and we went and played bingo. I'm off Tuesday, so maybe i'll get a chance to try it out then...

7. littleman

littleman Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    This has to be one of the funniest things I have read in a long time. Congratulations on getting away with it. I agree with kscathunter, you should try flour or something else besides the cotton. The flour would thicken the bait and help it to disperse into the water.

8. centexcop

centexcop New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thanks... next time flour. If nothing else, at least I was able to amuse everyone...lol

9. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    I got caught one time blending up some chicken livers in the blender and I thought my wife was going to skin me. She said that she would NEVER use that blender again and that I had to go buy her a new one. Well at least I got a blender to use now. :eek:oooh:

10. centexcop

centexcop New Member

State:
    Texas
    If they only understood that all of our bait blending adventures are valuable research. And it's not like we're blending anything harmful...lol I don't complain about her DNA in my razor... lol

11. centexcop

centexcop New Member

State:
    Texas
    Ok, I tried out the bait today.. Caught a couple of small channel cats... nothing to write home about... But it wasn't a total loss...lol