made sinkers

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by catfishscotty, Feb 4, 2008.

1. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    i got to meet troy (spoonfish) and earl (catfish earl) last week we had a sinker making party at my dads house in his garage. we had a blast and poured alot of sinkers around 150 lbs worth or so . troy and earl are a couple of really great guys nicest people you ever want to meet:big_smile: we shared fish stories and fishing styles and knots and of course some good jokes:smile2::smile2:.

its was just a really great day a couple of dads buddies came over drank a few cold ones dad slept like a baby that night i tell ya:smile2::smile2: funny as heck!!!!!!

troy told me about his catfish tournaments and all the prizes hes gonna have for them this year he really has alot of great stuff to win bait tanks rod holders , drift socks all kinds of gear and money to win so give troy a message and find out all the info gonna be a good tournaments in truman and the osage river and even a couple night tournaments so come on down and have some fun fishing and you never know you might just win some money and prizes .

earl showed me his bait fish traps hes making and i was really impressed with them better then you can buy from a store im gonna order 1 from him to catch me some perch, bluegills,bullheads, for when i go flathead fishing. be great for you guys that trott line and jug line also they would make getting bait so easy and they are built tuff and wont rust. so give earl a message and make your bait getting needs easier!!!!!

2. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    thats for sure earl if you need more sinkers just come on over and get ya some:wink: i really had a great time with you guys !!!!

im gonna try to come down again next week this week i got to take my wife to doctors appt and then aaron that was making some sinkers also is comming up to stay with me a couple days and look for a welding job.

next time i come down lets you me and troy try to hook up and fish. im itching to try montrose see if its any better yet. or we hit the river:wink: for some blues.

would of asked ya guys to go with us this time but dad had allready made plans to take bob one of his buddies and we didnt know what the silly weather was gonna do after it snowed that day.

we will hook up soon and fish, catch fish,tell some jokes, throw some back lashes and cuss and laugh:smile2::smile2: see what we get into:big_smile:

3. farmer

farmer New Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
    Sounds like you guys had a great time. Hope I can join ya next time.

4. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I had a great time guys. Thanks, it was nice meeting everyone. I looked for your dad at the dam today Scotty. Didnt see his truck, he probably got there about the time I left. Did he catch any thing there today? Should have plenty of weights for a while, I had 44 of just the 12 ouncers that I brought home. Now we need to get out and loose a few of them...:0a23:

5. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    i think him and aaron caught a couple they where up there fishin when i called dads cell he said a few guys caught some crappie im not sure what they ended up with. but i bet dad hits the docks everyday for a little while or at least go up there and talk to his buddies in the evening just give him a holler im sure he meet up with ya:wink: catch a couple for me this week troy!!!!

6. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I'm starting to eel left out.

7. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Im ready to hit Montrose again. I bet we can get several to go....:big_smile: :0a23:

8. farmer

farmer New Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
    I would like to give it a try.

9. jms43

jms43 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'd be up for giving montrose a go again. I went up there about a month ago and caught some pretty nice fish....the only problem was they were all carp...had some really good hits though. I'm sure its getting better now.

10. ABrodburner

ABrodburner Guest

Hey yall hope no one needs sinkers for a while LOL I mean we probably only poured what... several hundred pounds. JJ Hollar back

11. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Scotty sounds like you guys had a blast we had a sinker making get together a few weeks ago. We had a few cold ones and made more lead than we could use in a life time lol.