made me a rod holder this weekend

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Holder Review' started by foothills, Dec 17, 2007.

1. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    first of all thanks to all of you for your pics and posts about making rod holders...i got a lot of good ideas from them and i ended up making myself a rod holder stand in the back of my boat...i made it so it can be removed if i want to...i just have to remove 6 bolts and i can take the whole thing out of the boat...i am going to put at least 1 more drift master rod holder in the center of the stand and possibly may put 2...now i can fish 3 or 4 rods directly out of the back of the boat and 4 more out the sides.

2. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    sorry y'all i forgot to post the pics on my first post and now i am having trouble uploading my pics for some reason...i will have to try again later.:embarassed::angry::embarassed:

3. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    ok i finally got the pics uploaded...:big_smile:

Attached Files:

4. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Nice looking rod holder rack. I'm curious which of the driftmaster rod holders are those that you have showing in the holders in the pictures? The reason I ask I'm trying to get some ideas on which holder I want to buy. Thank You!

5. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Good job. Later Andy

6. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Ya Done GOOD Craig,Now go try um out and let us know how they work.Congrat's J.D.:wink:

7. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina

those are the driftmaster pro series duo rod holder with the flat rail base...they will cost you new around 17 to 20 dollars...i would not trade mine for nothin...love em!!!

8. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Craig,
    Thanks for the information on your rod holders. I thought they looked like the duo rod holder,but wasn't sure. Do you use them in the flat position that much? The cost you quote is for the rod holder only isn't it?
    Thanks again for the useful information.

Glenn

9. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    yes i use them in the flat posistion a good bit on the sides of my boat but mainly out the back i use them in the upright posistion...and the cost was for the rod holder only the base will cost you another 7 to 9 dollars...in my opinion though it is worth the money.

10. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    well y'all here is the rod holder stand in use...i went out today and tried it out and it worked great...i am very pleased with it and i'm sure you will agree that i got plenty of room to put in a third rod holder in the middle directly over the motor.

Attached Files:

11. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    Looks like you done a real good Job on those Rod holders.

12. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Looks real good Craig. I had a rod holder rack built last summer out of square aluminum tubing that I really like. My boats in storage for the winter,but when I get it out in the spring I'll take some pictures so you can see what mine looks like.

13. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Nice job on the rod holder. It should get the job done. :big_smile:

I have plans for one all the way across the back of my boats. Man I need to finish one project before I start more. :eek:oooh::smile2:

Thanks
    David

14. enfausen

enfausen New Member

State:
    Indiana (Rising Sun)
    Looks like a nice setup. Good job!

15. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    looking back on the project i wish i would have thought of building it out of aluminum square stock because i may not have needed the extra bracing in the back of the stand but the aluminum angle is doing the job for me...i am glad i spent the extra money on the aluminum and stainless hardware so it is more less maintenance free:big_smile:and it was a whole lot easier to drill than iron.

16. Ranger690

Ranger690 New Member

State:
    VA
    Looking forward to seeing your pics. As soon as I can access them.

Dayton

17. Ranger690

Ranger690 New Member

State:
    VA
    Some good ideas floating around here.

Dayton

18. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    Nice setup. I have some that I made for guard railing like at steam plants or dams, etc. I use part of a 2 by 4 and pvc piping, does a good job.