made it out today

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by catfishchris, Oct 31, 2008.

1. catfishchris

catfishchris Active Member

State:
    missouri
    Well, I made it on the river today. I put in on the Mississppi and headed to one of my favorite fall fishing spots. The weather was perfect and the water temperature was about right.

I baited my first rod up and cast it out. Then I did the same for the second. Before I could sit down and get comfortable, the first rod took a nose dive! I got that fish in and weighed it. It was a nice one 32 pounds. I got him back in the water and rebaited.

Just about the time I got comfortable the second rod went down. This time I could hardly get the rod out of the rod holder! When I did get the rod out I fought that fish for twenty minutes! He would peel out a couple hundred yards of line and I would get it back. Finally, I got him under the boat where I could fight him straight up and the hook comes out of his mouth. I never saw the fish, but I have no doubt it was the biggest catfish I have ever hooked!!:crazy:

After that I was shaking and my arms were cramping. I looked over and the other rod went down again. This one was a little easier to mange. It weighed 15 pounds.

I caught two more a 30 and a eight. I was ready to move and my anchor was hung up. I ended up losing it, so my fishing trip was over. All in all it was a decent day.

2. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    All right Chris, sounds like an awesome day out there... can't beat that nerve racked shaky pumped feeling after such a battle :eek:oooh::smile2: Thanks for sharing the report.

3. catfishchris

catfishchris Active Member

State:
    missouri
    Mike, how did you guys do?

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    on a very successful day on the water. Even though you lost your anchor sounds like you had a great outting.

5. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Congrats Chris! One more week left and I'll finally be home again. Maybe we can hit that spot and get your fish back for a pic!:smile2:

6. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Congrats Chris on an excellent day on the water. Despite losing the anchor, I would take a day like that ANY day!!
    By the way, Skipeye I haven't seen ya on here in a while. You've been missed. Nice to see ya again. Your words of wisdom and wit are valued on here!:wink:

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a great day, congrats

8. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    WTG Chris!!! anchors are easy to make. Sounds like you had the one i lost at St. Charles couple of weeks ago. I guess I need to get a new phone. This one is broken again. I guess.

9. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Yep Bob, I think it is Broken.......... :roll_eyes: How ya doing?

10. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Way to go Chris! It's encouraging to hear a good fishing report!

I am just going crazy! I had surgery on my right shoulder on the 20th and have been stuck/laying around the freekin house since! NOT FUN!! I'm right handed so trying to do things lefty pretty much sucks too! Use your imagination! :wink:

I have 4 more weeks of wearing this sling and physical therapy, then hopefully I can get the green light to get back into action! My last few trips out before my surgery I was only lucky enough to boat a couple channel kittens!

Reps to ya Chris! Can't wait to get out there with ya again!!

11. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Sounds to me you had a heck of a day and sorry to here you lost your anchor

12. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    Sorry to hear about the lost anchor and lost fish.I bet I know wich one bothered you most.Congrats on a nice day on the water.

13. Nessie

Nessie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Congrats on the good day fishing. I was thinking about fishing all day while I was waiting for the ducks to pay me a visit and I was getting a tan:roll_eyes:.Sorry to hear about the lost fish. Those tend to haunt you a bit.