Made it back alive.

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by Netmanjack, May 26, 2008.

1. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well I made it back alive from a scary weekend. It started when I was coming down the hill from Newcastle to Nellie . I felt a slight vibration coming from the rear of my Blazer. When I slowed it got worse. Well I figure it's a flat tire, haven't had one in years. So I limp on down to the old Blue Goose so I have plenty of room to get off of the road way. As I came around the back fully expecting a flat tire I was unpleasantly surprised to see all the lug nuts backed half way from the hub! This sent chills down my spine and thoughts through my head. What did I do? Who wants me dead and for what reason? All most immediately a car pulls up behind me and I think 'wow' now thats fast service, but they were only picking up out of date yard sale signs. I waved in a needful fashion and got their attention. I didn't have a jack or a tire iron and ask if I could borrow one. The guy went through the I don't know if it is the same size routine and proceeded to dig the wrench out of his trunk. He was having great difficulty dislodging it from under his spare tire with all the yard sale signs and other trunk inhabiting junk. I told him I wouldn't have ask him for help if I knew it would be so much trouble for him. He said that he wouldn't have stopped if he would have known too! lol He was truly a nice guy and I thanked him profusely. Well I tightened them up as good as I could then he followed me to Warsaw. I found a new tire shop had opened there and they fixed me up with no charge, so I ordered a new tire to replace the worn spare I was driving on. I back tracked to the Dam to get bait and hadn't decided just where I was fishing yet, but soon decided to just stay there. I heard that there were some big flats in there. There were some helpful fisher men there and one told me the lay out of the river, near and up in the tail water. Seems his bud has a boat and they graphed it. Then a little while later a fellow that caught a fifty six pounder out of there last year showed up. I picked his brain and, by the way asked all to join and handed out cards. He showed me where he gets his larger fish from and darned if I wasn't in just the right spot! Every thing was settling down by then except the wind. Man was it getting cold. I was nearly froze to death by 5:30 am with nothing to show but a seven pound flathead. An he took me all night to get in. He would hit the rocks and get hung up so I played the waiting game with him three times. I hooked him at two and landed him at five.lol I made it back to my Blazer and crawled in the back over fishing gear to find the warmth of my sleeping bag. I rousted myself from my cozy nest at 8:30 the sun hadn't burned through the fog yet and started organizing and packing away my gear. OK, I double checked every thing, then grabbed my bait bucket and pole slid over the rocks to get fresh bait for the night to come. The green sunfish were there in great numbers and I soon had a nice mixture of them and big bluegills. So this day, Saturday, I went to the Killbuck Creek on my Uncle's farm to fish with my old buddies and catch a buzz if not a fish. Shortly after I arrived and made some breakfast and coffee they started to show up. I went to get my camera to share some pic's and it was gone! Man' I went through the truck three times, couldn't find it any were. Panic set in, It had to have fallen out at the dam when I was putting the bait bucket in. So here I go back to the Dam in search of a lost camera. Hoping to run into an honest person. Well the truck I saw come in first before I left was gone. I questioned every one in site, but to no avail. I went heart broken back to the farm trying to figure out the best way to tell my wife Tammy. Back at the farm all was normal, fishing, drinking and cajoling were going on at a reasonable pace. I retold the story of the night before and was cautioned not to tell Tammy about any thing till I got home and they all hoped that she wouldn't kill me for losing our camera. Well I'm back home as you can see and still alive and kicking, despite three near brush's with death. Sore, beat up and tired, but willing to do it again! Every trip is a new adventure and hopefully the next one will be a bit more productive and less harrowing. lol:crazy::eek:oooh::cool2::smile2::wink:

2. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    ya did catch a fish,though,lol

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I'm glad you made it back OK. I wonder who or why those lugs were loose? If it was somebody that did it on purpose they are a low life POS!!!!!
    I hate that you lost your camera, hope Tammy don't kill you!:crazy::wink:
    At least you did catch fish, thats a bonus!:wink::big_smile:

4. KatfishKyle

KatfishKyle New Member

State:
    Wayne Co. Ohio
    Great story, sorry you lost your camera. Did you have any luck at Killbuck? ive only ever caught small channel cats and bullheads out of there.

5. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Kyle, my biggest out of the Killbuck is an estimate of 25# I only had a tape measure back then and no cameras. lol I hear of guys getting them up to 35# so far.I'm sure there are bigger ones form the start to the end of the creek. Only a few channels ands one big red horse were caught Sat. Oh yeas One small Hell Bender.lol

6. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Jack ... glad it wasn't any more serious than it was .... by the way ... just before your wife kills you tell her to let some of us know so we know when and where to send flowers .... Oh yes, tell her some of us will buy your tackle ... :wink: Garry-

7. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    i think i would come up with a story,like the fish ate it or something.

8. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    That's just wrong!!! LOL

Jack, it sounds like you had a good time..... sorta.lol

9. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Inspect that thang again before June 5th plz!!!

:wink: