Made a light for my bow

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by Wac M Trac M, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Wac M Trac M

Wac M Trac M New Member

State:
    Texas
    Not sure it this belongs on here but I think it classifies as Texas talk.
    I've been hog hunting alot lately and the pigs are fully nocturnal. I bought a lite for my bow but it wasn't cutting it. I made my own and used it last night.
    http://www.catfish1.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=47779&stc=1&d=1219990002

At about 9:15 a big sow came in with a bunch piglets. They took me by surprise and came in from an open field. When the crossed the trail I used to get to my stand they caught my scent. Mama pig growled and they took to the brush. One piglet was a bit slower then the bunch. At 35yrds in the pitch dark my red beam lite him up and zapp!!

Here he is.
    http://www.catfish1.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=47780&stc=1&d=1219990002

Attached Files:

2. Txbluecatman

Txbluecatman Member

State:
    Texas
    Thanks for the info. Thats a good size eating hog. We have been taken hogs off our new lease for the past two months. They have all been nocturnal. What I have found that has worked for us was a solar powered motion light rigged on a piece of garden timber placed in front of my blind facing the feeder or pig hole. This has worked great for me.

3. SeanT.

SeanT. New Member

State:
    Midlothian, Texas
    Nice hog. Need any help thinning them out? Have bow can travel.:wink:

4. renji2476

renji2476 New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    I like the way you think!! I have a bow and will definetly travel!! How much would you charge to hunt hogs on your land and when?:smile2::wink:

5. Wac M Trac M

Wac M Trac M New Member

State:
    Texas
    I have hogs but not a we are not over run with them. We do some deer management hunts every year and sometimes it gets tough to cull so many deer. This year the biologist said I need to take 25 does off one of the propertys I manage. I will email yall when we start culling deer. I dont like to kill some many after a while. It's fun take kids out and teach them about deer management.

6. renji2476

renji2476 New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    Bro 25 does!! :eek:oooh::crazy::eek:oooh: Man that is awsome!! :smile2::cool2: Bro you have the problem that most hunters wish they had... TOO many deer!!! You know I was joking earlier but if you need someone to help... Bro I volunteer!!! Just tell me how much or get me a number or pm me but we can work something out!!