Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Needed a few more bank rod holders for multi type ground use.. gravel, clay, sand, and big rocky ground.. had some stuff laying around and took a half hour to throw them together.. I have not used them yet but will soon on an overnight trip.. I bought the hose clamps at the hardware store but had the angle iron and pvc in the barn.. I’ve since painted them and will post back here showing them in action (hopefully) or at least standing at the ready..

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had 4 just like these stolen out of the truck several years ago (with 4 poles, tackle bucket and an ice chest, rotten sons of mothers) and never made anymore until the other day.. yessir I run em with the pipe toward the water slightly angled, not totally straight up and down.. they work great same design my grandad made in the 70s when I was a kid.. leave the angle iron an inch above the pipe so you can drive em in proper...

·
Premium Member
12,287 Posts
Flint, if you use a heat gun on the end of the PVC and flare it out some there will be less chance of it damaging the cork or other type grip. Just heat the very end with a heat gun or set the end in boiling water, then when hot press it down over the neck of a beer bottle. You can return the beer bottle or just keep it when your done lol. You could notch it for your angle iron to extend thru.

Always good to see fishermen making what they need. And posting it.

tight lines

Gas Machine Auto part Kitchen appliance Automotive wheel system

·
Premium Member
12,287 Posts
The ones I made in post #6 are using 1-1/4 inch schedule 40 pvc. I use two brands of rods both with a round butt ball on the end. I lay my let sander in a Vice and roll the rod butt on it to take some of the butt ball off. I much prefer the smaller pipe compared to one where the rod wobbles all over in the tube.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts