Madd as HE!!

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by rob128146, Jul 5, 2008.

1. rob128146

rob128146 New Member

State:
    Rockwell, North Carolina
    First off let me say I try to keep me cool over certain things that happen when it comes to fishing. People have different views about differents things. Received a call from a buddy on this site this morning asking me to come to the lk. I knew he was irrate and a little pissed. Got there and he had 17 channels and blues in a tote (all dead). i noticed all the fish had there whiskers cut off. I don't know if this is what killed the fish but i have heard they would die if you cut there whiskers off. As we took more dead fish from the lk all of them had there whiskers cut off. 23 fish in all we found:embarassed:. While loading the boat back up a very nice old gentleman came up to us and starting talking and ask if we knew anything about the fish that we collected. We said no but he handed me note folded up and said this is what we need to know. the note contained the following.

-1 NC Lisence Plate of truck and boat
    -Trk ID information and description of the two young men
    -the note he wrote that said: I watched two young men sitting jugs last Wed night while I was bank fishing and I noticed they were throwing everything back. I ask them if i could have a couple to take home for my family to eat and they said yes. They brought me two and said they were killing the rest. I asked them why and they said because they don't serve no purpose.
    He also left His information and a contact number. The very last thing he wrote was "Thanks for Caring".
    I contacted local law enforcement and the NC Wildlife Division of Law Enforcement this morning and I have a Wildlife Officer coming to the house this afternoon, to get the information.

I then called the man on the piece of paper and his wife answered the phone and I asked to speak to him. As we spoke he said he wanted to do something but didn't know what to do. He said he done what he could but don't want to have to go to court. He also had a passion for catfishing when he was younger but he has gotten to old to fish and lost his boat due to money issues with him and his wife being retired and barely making ends meet. I then asked if he would be in for a afternoon/night of fun and excitement with me on my boat catching catfish at my expense:wink:. He said he would love it. I told him that is the least I could do for the good deed he did. I don't know how far this will go without his testomony in crt since he witnessed this but I have done what I can do. He also told me that he has been at the lk everday since then a couple times a day to see if he could catch anyone trying to find out who done this.

This makes me so mad I can't see straight. I think I know who done this and many of you might know them or at least seen them if you fish local waters around here. :angry:

2. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    :angry: I hope they get whats comming to them thats bull$#it . thanks for putting your time in and helping someone else ho cares about the sport get out on the water reps a comming. :wink: i used to be that way with drum and carp :embarassed:but now i see them for what they really are BAIT:smile2:

3. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I know how you feel. People like that deserve to have their licenses yanked for good.

If they were setting lines, what did they think they were going to catch? I dont understand people like that.

I have issues with people who also dont follow fishing laws. I was fishing below a spillway, and had some Snaggers, move in on me. They were snagging blues, which are a game fish where I am from. I keep the game wardens number in my phone. I do call. The game warden came down, and the guy swore he wasnt snagging them, but Treble hooks leave a good mark. I met the game warden at the top of the hill, and we both went down to talk to this guy. I dont know what happened after that.

I applaud the older guys and your actions. I think we all need to be more aware of what is going on around us, and make a few more calls to the game wardens.

4. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    Thanks rob for trying to do something about it and one moor thing i think you are one good harted man for takeing the old fellow out fishing that could verry well be one of us one of theas days and i would like to think hopefully someone would be as good harted as you and do same for us
    we need moor men and women like you in this world

5. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    Can't even imagine what would make someone do a thing like that. Catch fish just so you can kill them, just don;t make sense. Anyway Reps to you for taking that fella fishing.

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I cant imagine anyone even thinking about doing something like this. What in the world is wrong with these DIP'sI hope they are caught and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law ,and I hope that someone also shows them what its like to be led behind the barn for a lil a$$ whuppin .

7. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    There are alot of people in this wourld like that and they need to get whats comeing to them.

8. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    As I have said before, humans are the most dangerous to their own kind and to other wildlife! At least you can go to bed tonight knowing you idid the right thing.

9. Philiagorillia

Philiagorillia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thats a bunch of BS right there! I'd like to see those people that did that get a nice hefty fine and some community service and be forced to learn why catfish are important to so many of us. That makes me mad hearing about all that wasted fish someone may have needed to feed thier family, or a little kids first catfish:angry:

10. Katfish Kern

Katfish Kern New Member

State:
    Florida
    Dont worry, they will get theirs, from the law. Or if not from them maybe some ol boys from the NC can pay them a visit. Alot of things can happen on a lake at night.

11. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    trouble is most of the time if caught they will just get a slap on the wrist.

It's people like that who give liners and juggers a bad name.

Crap like that pisses me off so much, bad thing is this country is full of idiots who have no respect for anything.

12. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    what goes around always comes around

13. rob128146

rob128146 New Member

State:
    Rockwell, North Carolina
    I know that's right!!! You know them good ol boys meet at my house a lot to have pig pickins' and then go fishin' Know what i mean!!:wink:

14. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    I can't say I blame you for being mad. I would be too. All creatures great and small are put upon this Earth with a purpose in mind. It's not up to us to understand what that purpose is and why. It's our responsibility to protect it and enjoy it for what it is. The deserve what ever legal punishment they get and I'm sure in the end, they will get the rest of what is to come. Things have a way of working themselves out in the long run. You did a good thing in making that call and an even better one in offering to take the gentleman for a fishing trip. Rep points to you and thanks for doing your part in protecting nature as it should be.

15. MSgtCatfish

MSgtCatfish New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Man I hope something does get done. So I take it that these people are doing this thing all over? Yeah, pretty dumb to jug for a fish kill it for no reason, any kind of fish.

Well, you did what you could and hopefully that'll lead to something.

Thanks for hooking the old man up with a fishing trip - keeping the real catmen's reputation high in regards to others!

16. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    i know how it feels and maybe the law will do something about it keep us posted

17. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Man that SUCKS! Makes me mad just reading it. What a guy that older gentleman was.He did the right thing. Good luck!

18. Topname

Topname New Member

State:
    nc
    I sure hope something gets done about that I can't stand it when people abues their privileges:angry:

19. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I just hope they get caught and all there gear taken and a big ole fine. They should put convicts pics like that in the paper right along with rapists, after all thats what they are. :angry:

20. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    everything comes back to us twice fold....................these individuals will pay the price in some manner. It is very fortunate that they were caught and hopefully people will be looking for them