MAD Money/Catfish Funds

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by H2O Mellon, Nov 20, 2005.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have a big plastic jug that was full of pretzels. I'm assuming it is a 3 gallon jug. I cleaned it out & am putting all the change I see in it. This is called "Bryans Flathead Fund", my wife thinks all my fishing gears is comming from this! Granted I am thinking I could have as much as $200 in itby the time spring rolls around, so my plan is to buy more terminal tackle, a rod/reel, down pmt on a jon boat, etc...

I started this a couple weeks ago. I have a pretty good start. I've been searching the couch cushions, under the bed, in the jeeps & espically pockets of recently worn jeans. Just today I was searching in my wifes purse, I found a quarter, dimes, pennies & the mother of all coins..... one of those Indian Woman $1 coins! Thats like landing a 40# flathead! :p

2. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    H2O, I do the same, I put all my change and what my wife gives into a plastic container. when I was able to work,I for the school system, in the gym, I would find alot of change on the floor in the locker room after a ball game, all of this would go in my jar. when I cashed it in close to $100.00 in there.

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If you are gonna fill that jug by spring you better hurry..I did the same thing, I limited my change to quaters an dimes, no pennys, takes to long to count them.

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    We have one of those coin star things @ work & its free for me to use, so I'll the pennies too. Usually all that would be poker $, but w/ my dads poor health thsi year, we havent played any. :sad:

5. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    The bank that I use, have an automatic change counter that will pop out counted change in seconds. :D

6. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    man you ain't right. like landing a $40 # FLATHEAD., lmao.

we do it too but it all goes in the kids crayon. last time i counted it there was $115 without the pennies and some nickles. wonder if i could talk him into letting me buy fishing tackle. :eek:

7. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Just today I was searching in my wifes purse, I found a quarter, dimes, pennies & the mother of all coins..... one of those Indian Woman $1 coins! Thats like landing a 40# flathead! :p[/QUOTE]

Mellon, your wife may re-name it the 'wifes shoppin fund' if she catching you takeing all her change LOL.

8. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    She cant say much, while I was in there I found MY debit card. I had god intentions, I picked up her purse becasue it was on the chair, then I heard jingle, jingle.....

9. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

LMAO!!!! I've got one of those jars, and since the first of September I've managed to collect $60 in all forms of change(I keep a running total). I was thinking an Abu 7000, or bigger when I'm done. Unless of course she gets to it first....

Ray

10. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I had one of these going also, I gave it all to my wife last week for christmas money, had almost 200 bucks in there I saved up within 6 monthes.

11. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    As everyone can see..... Mrs Flathunter has the reins tightl on MR Flathunter. I have laid the law down here in Mellonland. No one is to touch the Flathead fund. In doing so, sever action will take place, leading up terminiation from the Mellonhouse hold! :D

12. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Now that's funny. Go for the joint, it's easier to cut, and less chance of leaving saw marks on the bones.....

Ray