Mad Mad Mad Mad

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by noah, Jun 24, 2008.

1. noah

noah New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    well i went fishing at crab at a spot named"gay bay" well i was there for about 30 mins well with out a hit or nibble my pole was pulled into the lake i chased it till i got neck deep then spent an hour draggin for it well needless to say no pole so im am mad :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

\

\

\

\

\

2. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Hey Noah! Better invest in a pole holder!! I've seen at least 5 poles go into the water at a lake I fish alot. Pole holders are the best investment you can make when fishing from the bank or a boat!! Also there not very expensive at all. Anybody with some fabrication experience can make some in no time at all.

Hope this helps ya.:wink:
    Sorry to hear about your experience!!

Mark..

3. noah

noah New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    :sad2::angry:well i am now wondering what was on the other end because no bites or nibbles just gone and i have no pole now that was my last one the rest dissapeared:eek:oooh::crazy: so i guess i have got to go to k-mart to get a new 1 or 2 when i get my check if it isnt 1 thang its another

4. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Don't get mad, get even!!! Go catch that fish, get the hooks out of his mouth and pull in your other pole!!!:wink:

5. noah

noah New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    thanks thats funny i feel a lil better
    :smile2::wink::cool2:

6. williambevels

williambevels New Member

State:
    alabama
    another method i use if its windy and i am on the bank .i like my rod to lay flat or close to the water level.I drive a 18 inch rebar aprox a ft deep when i am fishing in a sandy spot or muddy location.once the real is cast out,i place the rebar between the line and the reel.this has save many of reels due to getting me a cold soda.

7. noah

noah New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    my pole was setting angeled up on the cooler and i gotta tell u it went up and out all in one stroke now i have to find a way to get a new one b4 thursday mourning:eek:oooh:

8. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    shoo wee thats tough-Ive lost two 150plus r/r in thr river this yr and it freakin hurts when it happens....I feel your pain

9. noah

noah New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    yeah what hurts more was thhat was my last pole

10. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Those types of trips are never too much fun. better luck in the future

11. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Well if your close to Keokuk, come on down and I'll give you one. Later Andy

12. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Noah... you may want to get in contact with Julie from tite-lok.. they have a really nice bank rod holder to eliminate those kind of problems! I want to say it is like 40 bucks? But it will last you a life time. Catfishjohn gave it a two thumbs up as he was a tester of the product.

13. noah

noah New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    hey thanks for the offer i live in illinois but i guess to day i will go to dunns sporting goods and see what they have:big_smile: but thank you for the offer

14. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    too bad about ur rod and reel. i know i would be fumin. usually what i do on the bank is lean it over a rock and put another rock over it. if theres no rocks, i find a sturdy forked end stick and drive it a foot into the ground. that makes as good a rodholder as any.

15. noah

noah New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    i usualy do to but i was on concrete:cool2:

16. Kojak

Kojak New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Sorry to hear about your bad luck, believe me it has happened to more than one of us, as a matter of fact, it just happened to me a couple weeks ago. I lost a very nice setup out of a boat. Sad thing is my father in law had given it to me, and if you know him...he doesnt give anything away. So, it was kinda special to me. I do hope you replace it in time to make your next fishing trip.

17. noah

noah New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    just got back i went to dunns an got a new oneit is neon green and its zebco i think it is a cat seeker:smile2::roll_eyes::big_smile::cool2:

18. catfish_express

catfish_express New Member

State:
    south carolina
    sorry to here of the pole loss but i couldnt tell anyone i was fishin at gay bay.

19. noah

noah New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    well i have only heard it called that :cool2::smile2:

20. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    probably the same reason they call the ina boat ramp at rend lake the "funny ramp"