Mad at the weather

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by mjokerr, Feb 27, 2006.

1. mjokerr

mjokerr New Member

State:
    south carolina
    This weather is driving me crazy! During the week it looks great,temps are great but when the weekend comes BAM rain.Cant wait till it starts getting sunny alll the time.:mad: :mad: :mad:

2. misterwhiskers

misterwhiskers New Member

State:
    Trenton
    Try goin out in that rain!
    I've done pretty good in sum nasty weather this month.Granted its been all from shore and i can only stand about 2 hours out in those conditions but man it seems awful sunny on a rainy day when that pole bends!

3. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    The bite is good in the rain a lot of the time. Give it a try!

4. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    I know what you mean it was close to 60 today and yesterday it was cold enough for a jacket, but just right temps are jusaround he corner.

5. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I only have two days off and both days its either windy or raining. I'm dying to go fishing.

6. Fry Guy

Fry Guy New Member

State:
    Warrensburg Missouri
    I think it's like that everywhere. When you're working it's sunny and 75 out but on youre only day off no matter when it is it's -10:sad: It can't rain all the time though. Can't wait for spring.

7. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I see you live in south carolina..I live in ohio and envy your weather!;)

8. catmando

catmando New Member

State:
    Colorado
    well I dont think the weather is anything you can control.. I think the prob is sometimes you just have to call in sick.. not really.. yeah i live in colorado i know the weather can be a drag.

9. Crispy Critter

Crispy Critter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    It's supposed to be about 75 here tuesday(today)I know it will be windy but I don't care I'm getting out for the fun of it even if they ain't biting.

10. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Aw, quit yer bellyachin'. :)

A good catfisherman learns to catch fish in almost any kind of weather or water conditions. The fish still have to feed at some point. You just have to be able to figure out where they will be and when they will feed.

I hope to be able to do that some day! :crying:

11. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Uh...yes,really,call in sick....we get a few "personal"days a year...I call in well,feel too good to work!!!

12. mjokerr

mjokerr New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I think I might do that.I just itching to get on the water and do some fishing.I just got my new prop for my boat yesterday, so hurried home as fast as I can so I could put it on and head for the river.I was very dissappointed. The prop I have on now was a AL 13 x 19 , the prop I bought was a AL 13 x 21. I lost a 1000 rpms and was going as fast as I was with my old prop.When I doing my research on the internet I must of look at it wrong.Sorry has nothing to do about fishing but I did get to the water.

13. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Today was the warmest day in a while, and the winds were manageable. The temps have not really affected me on the water, but the wind is a pain in the neck. I have given the drift sock a workout the past few trips. On the winding lake I fish you have to see how it is blowing in each place you fish. Sometimes it blows from the prevailing direction, other times it funnels up a channel or out a cove.

Of course when it is 98 degrees in a few months, no clouds, and no wind, I will be begging for a breeze!!