Mad As Heck

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by dreamer34, Jul 15, 2006.

1. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    just went out to my car to get my poles out of the trunk and found all of my fishing equipment has been stolen....i'm ready to punch holes in the wall:sad2:

2. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Sorry to hear that Chris. I hate thieves. Are you sure your wife didn't hide them?

3. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    as mad as i am right now she would tell me if she did

4. BullDaddy

BullDaddy New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La.
    Don't punch holes in the walls. Find the scumbag who stole your stuff and punch holes in their head. I hate a thief.

5. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    they popped the trunk open somehow.....

6. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    going to take a little visit to the river shortly...

7. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    What a bummer, sorry to here that. I worry about it all the time in the area that I live, thats why I keep it locked up at all times.

8. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Sorry to hear of your loss, You should have a police report filled out just for the record. At least the local law enforcemment will be aware there is a thief on the prowl. Also check the local pawn shops, your gear might show up there. Maybe they can give a description of the person who pawned it. If you describe the gear in the report and find the gear at the pawn shop. Shouldnt havent any problems getting back without paying for it.

9. willplumb4fish

willplumb4fish New Member

State:
    MISSISSIPPI
    my brother had the same thing happen to him a few weeks ago. its ashame the world is so full of people that wont go earn their own things and have to steal others beacause of their laziness. hope bad karma happens to however stole em and he or she never cathes a fish with em.

10. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    just had the local police here...nothing they can do without having recipts(sp)for everything and as the officer kindly pointed out if i found the person who took it it would be my word against his and possesion is 9/10ths the law(he seemed a bit mad that he had to get out of his air conditioning)

11. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Sorry to hear abot that like posted above I would check the pawn shops.

12. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Man that sucks, Ive just recently took all my good equipment out of the truck and keep it in the house. I still have some stuff in the there but nothing Id cry over. Neighbor said he just had 10 gallons of gas siphoned out of his truck. Gonna have to get me a locking gas cap too.:sad2:

13. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Man, I feel for you! I had a piece of crap take a bunch of my gear too! You never really get over it! Maybe you will get the chance do what I'd like to do, to the thief!:angry:

14. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    just got a pm from David Carutherers(screen name dcaruthers)offering to send me a couple of poles to help replace what was stolen...i've been a member here for a little while and i know of the feeling of closeness and family we have for each other but this really made me choke up....David i thank you from the bottem of my heart and just want everyone to know about this special offer from you and i am very proud to be able to call you BROTHER...if there is ever anything you ever need i want you to call on me

15. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Chris.....I'm very sorry to hear about this. Now I'M mad as heck too. I don't like it one bit when something like this happens, especially to one of my best buddies in the BOC. If he said possession is 9/10ths of the law and you have no evidence proving the equipment was yours, doesn't sound like going to check the pawn shops will help. So if you do go down to the river to look around, please don't do anything you'll regret later, bro, okay? :smile2:

16. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    all closed right now but i'll be going monday morning

17. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    what they don't know is that i engraved my name in all the reel seats so if i come across them somebody got some explaining to do before the police arrive

18. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    I had 2 poles taken out of my boat, in my own yard 2 weeks ago. I also filed a police report, and they never even came by, just asked about the description and value. I've lived here since 1989, and have never had any trouble. They left the tackle box, and a variety of other gear, so I figure they may actually wanted something to sell or pawn. This area around here has been depressed for about 5 years, and people are out of money. I have noticed a lot of new people around the neighborhood lately, but I hate to get paranoid about people. I just hope whoever stole my poles, needed them to feed his family, and not his habit. Later Andy

19. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    but i also live in a neighborhood where the crack dealer is next door so my chances of finding my stuff is next to none...going to try to move out of here soon

20. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Chris - PM me your address and I will donate a reel with fresh line. I hate thieves and can feel your pain. What size Cats do you fish for and what # line do you use. I want to help you get back on the water ASAP!