machitos

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by uttatoo, Sep 18, 2008.

1. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    get your self a young goat about 20-30lbs nice and lean not to fat

the best part of this delicasy is when you slaughter the (kid) put all intestines in a bucket fill the bucket with clean water
    also put heart liver and kidneys in the bucket

finish with the kid and part him out for the freezer

1. use the skirt meat and dice up into small chunks
    2. cut up vegitables whatever you like
    3. clean heart and dice up in small chunks do the same with the liver, and kidneys
    3. use a water hose and get the end of the intestines and wash out putting it inside the intestine and pushing water out of the other side
    4. cut intestine after cleaning in about 1 foot sections
    5. use the intestines as a sausage liner and put a piece of organ or meat and
    then add a piece of vegitable every other time
    after full put in oile and deep fat fry it till nice and brown or to your liking

very good and we do it for weddings, and parties in mexico it is a delacasy and very well a tradition

we have also done this with deer and also tasted very good

2. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Gus, what does that say about an animal when "the best part" is the heart, liver, kidneys, and intestines?

Just kidding. If YOU cooked it, I would give it a try. I always wanted to try hagus. Don't know why. Normally, I don't eat organ meat.

3. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I remember something like this growing up. Been a long time tho. :big_smile:

4. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    i like it in a corn tortilla with pico de gallo and lime juice and salt mmmm or even a good red chilli

5. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ok gus whats skirt meat?

i was just concidering eating my first deer heart this season. hell been watching to much bizzare foods i guess. liver and kidnies? maybe after i get used to the heart. but theres a few desieses now days that cause most folks not to eat deer liver and brains and such. but the heart. i think i will try. i couldnt eat an intestine i had to clean myself.:eek:oooh: sure. i make my own venison brats and stuff in hog casings. wich is the same thing.:wink: but i but them already cleaned and salted from meat shops.:big_smile:

well. maybe i could use the meat veggies and stuff. but i think i would stuff into the store casings,lol. i have a hard enough time getting my buddies to try my stuff because of all the peppers i eat. they always think everything is gonna be hot.

6. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Skirt steak and flank steak is from the belly of the beast. Thats what fajitas are usually made from. I like to marinate it in jalapeno and lime juice overnight and bbq. Damn thats good stuff. :big_smile:

7. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    never tried that Gus, but i do like birria de chivo!!!

8. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    yup i make that also just throw it in the crock pot and cook till it falls apart then dice and chop and shred to your liking and eat in your favorite way

9. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    If you've never had tripas in a corn tortilla hot off of a disc you dont know what you're missing!!!!!

10. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    I'm not too high on venison liver or kidneys, but the heart is some fine eatin'!

And besides, venison liver is such good bait, it would be a shame to eat it.

11. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    yup it is good i get them nice and crunchy then eat it in a corn tort with salsa and lime juice and veg.

12. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    I like mine crunchy with corn tortillas also.....well i think i am headed for los tuscanes off of baker st. too get me some right now!!!