Machida

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by Mike81, May 24, 2009.

1. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Well, Machida beat Rashad Evans... I don't even know if Machida ever got hit with anything at all.... Knocked him out in round 2. Fans boo because the fights tend to be boring cause he avoids his opponents strikes so well. But when he strikes it is impressive.

2. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Thanks for the udate Mike, I was jus wondering who won?

3. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    thankfully machida won as i think evans is an alright fighter but is one of the most boring fighters ever.

4. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    Have to admitt, I got up and did the happy dance when Evans got KO'ed. Now there's a good champ in there that means business and don't have those silly showboating antics.

5. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Yeah, that was a good fight! Yea Machita!

6. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Finally watched it, great fight imo. Also seen where hughes pulled out a decision against serra. lol

7. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Wait till him & Rampage fight:tounge_out:

8. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I really think he'd beat Rampage....:wink:

9. derbycitycatman

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Id think Machida would beat Rampage as well. You cant hurt him if you cant hit him, but with Rampage's power it might only take one.

10. jdward

jdward New Member

State:
    Memphis, TN
    I think if Rashad couldn't touch Machida, then there is no way Rampage has a chance. This is coming from a Rampage fan.

11. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    Soooo...Would a Machida vs. Anderson Silva fight be awesome, or would it be long and boring? I'm always on the lookout for someone who has a good chance of taking out the Spider, lol. It seems, though, that the more dangerous the opponent is...the more dangerous Silva becomes. Like he toys with the underlings, but becomes deadly when there could be a chance of him getting hurt. Both fighters avoid getting hit, and have a very high striking percentage...they don't engage unless they know they are gonna connect. I think Machida could give him a good run.

12. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I don`t see Anderson Silva losing to Machida Matt , He has very good Muay Thai skills and can submit his opponent with his BJJ. I do think Lesnar or Mir would take him out with their size and strength advantage.

13. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    In my opinion, if Machida was to beat Rampage it would be because Rampage walked into thhe knockout strike. Outside of that

14. derbycitycatman

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Dont count out machida, and dont overestimate andersen. If there is a weakness in silvas game id think it was submissions. Id go with Machida because of his discipline and attitude Ive seen so far, that and I like to pick the "underdog".

Heres another example of silva tapping, at least twice now. Id a lost big time if I bet on this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVTCQ-_Oyio&feature=related

BTW, Fedor would eat all their lunches and make them buy him dessert.

15. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Its gonna be hard to submit Sliva now a days. His ground game has come a long way. We just never see him have to use it. He submitted both Dan Henderson and Travis Lutter...can forget those.

16. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Its gonna be hard to submit Sliva now a days. His ground game has come a long way. We just never see him have to use it. He submitted both Dan Henderson and Travis Lutter...can forget those.

17. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I heard a rumor today that Rampage doesnt like Evans at all! In fact, he dislikes the guy so badly that he passed up a fight with Machida in order to get a fight with him! I dont know if this is true...anyone got anything on this?

18. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    Maybe he just don't wanna get his butt whipped. :wink:

19. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Well, noe that we know he's gonna be one of the coaches next seaon on TUF, things are more explained...yep...the promoters are working behind the scenes...