mabey I'm wrond

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Deerslayer29, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Deerslayer29

Deerslayer29 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Man the fishing has been slow the last week or so. Before that I was catching 3 to 5 fish everytime out. now I'm lucky to catch one dink. Mabey I'm wrong about the water temp up here on the GMR and its just know in the low 70's??? Shovels have shut down and mabey they are on the beds. I'm stumped.......:angry::confused2::eek:oooh::confused2::eek:oooh::angry::confused2::eek:oooh:

2. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    we been hammering the cats on the Ohio for the last 3 weeks until yesterday... only small flatty's and only 1 channel but did manage 2 blues so that was an improvement in the Blue Category. I think the flatties are "doin it", basicaly means putting up a do not disturb/fish sign for the next 3-5 weeks...:wink:

Salmonid

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    the flathead spawn has just now started here in ohio, gonna be slow fishing for the next month or so.

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Jack is right, depending on the area, water temps, and levels. Some systems are gonna spawn more quickly than others...rollo

5. CBH

CBH New Member

State:
    WV
    Yep...they're spawning here on the Ohio. I was on the river today from 2pm to 10:30 pm and managed 3 small flatheads (30", 24" and 17") and one channel cat. Two of the flatheads were beat up with spawning marks.

6. Deerslayer29

Deerslayer29 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    LOL....my post says mabey I'm wrond

7. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I have heard of at least 6 fish over 20 caught in the last 24 hrs on the Ohio from 3 different folks so maybe we have a few more days left, I figure the cold front may have shut them down for those two days earler in the week. If your not headed out this weekend, shame on you.....:wink:

Salmonid

8. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Last night on the Ohio was rough for me. Not one single bight the entire night. I'm going to try again tonight though what the heck.