M & P

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by okiecop, Feb 23, 2006.

1. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    I was looking thru the march issue of guns and ammo and seen the new M&P 15 by smith and wesson. This is a sharp looking version of an AR. I also went to the S&W web site they also have a M&P handgun. It's a striker fired pistol in .40 s&w.

I really want a chance to try either of them out. If any gets one of these let me know how they are.

2. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    I saw the same ad in the NRA magazine I get... a nice looking gun.

3. MilwaukeeCatHunter

MilwaukeeCatHunter New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I know that the M&P handgun just came out, but they are not big sellers up here by me. Everyone is sticking with the Glock because of the proven track record. The Sigmas that Smith made, in my opinion, were marginal performers. I was told that some law enforcement agencies that had them up here were not happy with em. I think that some are skeptical about this M&P because of the Sigmas. Could be wrong, though...I would love to see Smith and Wesson come through with this gun. That interchangable back strap is a good idea to fit different size hands. A compact one would be nice to see too. Everybody is jumping on board with the polymer pistols.

4. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I used to have a sigma and hated it.That trigger is junk,it had a long trigger pull and it was stiff as a board.So i sold it and got a glock.

5. MilwaukeeCatHunter

State:
    Wisconsin
    Like I said, I really hope Smith can turn it around. They had their fair share of issues in the past. I hope they don't end up like Winchester and close up shop because they can't make a profit. The prices of their guns are climbing..have you seen the cost of some of their pistols lately compared to other brands. Revolvers are also getting costly. I used to be a staunch Smith supporter, but I question their quality vs. the price.

6. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    Here is my opinon so take it for what it's worth. I carry a glock 19 at work and the trigger action is well broken in and it shoots w/o any problems. I carry a s&w sigma off duty and while the trigger is more of a pull. To me it has a better point of aim and i shoot better with it.

Now mind you this is the enhanced version of the sigma not the original. If someone would just come out with an easier trigger for the sigma series i think they would take off like wildfire.

7. MilwaukeeCatHunter

State:
    Wisconsin
    One of the guys at work told me he just shot the M&P this week. He liked it alot..no malfunctions. The interchangable backstrap was a bonus and he is a lefty, so he liked the gun even more. I guess you can easily switch controls from l to r. Don't know if he is going to buy it though...a little expensive compared to other polymer guns.