Lynches

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by Quercus Alba, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Quercus Alba

Quercus Alba New Member

State:
    The midlands, SC
    Hey fellas, I'm kind of ignorant when it comes to boating. My question is, with just a trolling motor on my 12' jon, can I make it up the river?

2. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    i doubt it.........RAT

3. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Hutch that all depends on the size of your trolling motor ,also the shape your barrery is in ,an last just how far up the river you want to go :wink::smile2:

4. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    It would be 50/50.. depends most on the current.:cool2:

5. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Are you talking about lynches river that runs into the pd? I put in a time or two off of hwy 301 but it has been a long time. All i remember about it is the steep landing. :eek:oooh:
    Some of the local guys do a float trips. Use two trucks put in at one landing with the other truck at the lower landing.

6. Quercus Alba

Quercus Alba New Member

State:
    The midlands, SC
    yes fellas, I'm talking about the lynches river around Mcbee SC

7. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    I got one that will push your jon boat up river. Its a Pinpoint 36 volt (3 batteries) also has a fish finder with it and u can use it Manual or set it in Auto Pilot. Dont know what thurst but it would push my 19ft boat fast as i would want to troll:big_smile:
    I guess i got carried away, a good trolling motor with a good battery or 2, you should have no trouble but if you do call me and i will sell you mine:wink:

8. Pacman

Pacman New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Lynches is not that fast when it gets down my way. Not sure up toward Mcbee. Way I figure, take a paddle with you and try it. If the battery dies, the river will always bring you back. I have fished a 16 ft. jon boat with a 36lb thrust motor several times in Lynches near Coward and gone a couple of miles upstream. The battery was almost dead by the time I got back. Just don't go down stream and you have nothing to lose but time.