Lyme disease

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by wishiwasfishin, Jun 20, 2006.

1. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i just found out from a buddy that he has lyme disease. seems he got bit by a tick on his foot and now his whole body is broke out with little bumps and stuff. they started him on some meds and told him that they think it was caught soon enough but he will be sick for like a month or longer. poor guy says he feels like he has the flu and don't have the strength to do anything:sad2:

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Very sorry to hear that, my dad got Lyme Disease a few years ago and didn't catch it fast eithier, had it for months. He couldn't do anything but just sit down about all day, drove him crazy. Hope things get better for your friend soon, I hate ticks.

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Hey the meds will help him a lot in the long run but the relapse is a pain it arse. A lady friend of my wife's has been dealing with hers for a while and gets flair ups occasionally she says its like artritius and the flu combined to weak to move and to painful to try.

4. wishiwasfishin

State:
    kentucky
    yeah he said that he never even seen a tick on him but the doc was able to find it. told him it was proably a deer tick to small to even see.

5. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I know that feeling first hand... several years ago I was diagnosed with lyme disease. I had been working on my house all day and come time to call it a day, I felt like I had been drug thru a knothole. I was sure I had the flu. While getting ready for the shower, my wife noticed a big purple spot on my foot. It was bigger than a silver dollar. Story short, she took me to the ER. They gave me anti biotics 3 times. The first one caused me to break out in hives, 2nd one made me feel like I had just eaten a hod full of sharp bricks. 3rd one turned out OK. This all over a period of 2-3 weeks. They said I was fortunate to have sought treatment so early.

6. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    That crap gives me the creeps!!! I work outside a lot and some days, like today, I spent most of the day in knee to waist high grass and highway brush. I looked into getting that LIMErix vaccine years ago because of my occupation, but by the time I decided to go ahead and get it, it was taken off the market. From what I hear now, that may have been a good thing. I worry daily about them freakin' nasty things.

7. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I have a cousin in New Jersey who got it last year and she is still having a time with it. And she lives in the city. That's some mean stuff.

8. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Sorry to hear about your friend. hope he gets to feeling better soon.

9. wishiwasfishin

State:
    kentucky
    i think he will be ok after all he is tougher then a woodpeckers lips but from what i have heard it can cause health problems down the road.

10. I_try

I_try New Member

State:
    Central Arkansas
    Does anyone know the chances of getting lyme disease are? Were are the worst spots for it and so on? id like to know just so i wouldnt worry so much

11. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois