Lures for trolling

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by daystarchis, Nov 13, 2008.

1. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    What kind of lures work best for trolling stipers?

2. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    in my opinion I would say rebels, broken back rapalas, MANDATORY! get 3 hooks on them this will increase your hookup ratio and play with speeds as well sometimes hesitate or power up a little to draw out the bite.....If you want a unique little way to "dress" your lures for optimal response PM me! And why arent we fishing bub?:cool2:

3. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
  4. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Storm lures plastic 8-10 inch brown shad:smile2:

5. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Thank you for the info. I want to make sure I have what I need incase I do some trolling next weekend:wink:

6. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    Hell, I don't know I just plan on putting a few sardines or chovies on a hook, throw it out and see what happens. I have never done much trolling before. Maybe Ray or Tom can put us up on game. I would like to learn a few new tricks and soak up any info the other guys have to offer.

Sean!

7. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Me too, Them Boys knows whats up. Learn all you can.:wink:

8. KnotGillty

KnotGillty New Member

State:
    Northern Califo
    Hey Robb, most people troll broken back rebels with a white Zoom Trick worm attached to the rear most hook. The trick worm gives a little different profile to the lure and the stripers really love it. I was down at Brannan Island last weekend with some friends doing some camping and fishing. The group caught some pigs in the Montezuma slough area trolling for stripers. Deep diving broken back rebels in Chartreuse/red head, and white/red head, along with the trout pattern worked well. Also, Yozuri crystal minnows in orange/silver did well also. All were trailed with the white worms (it's a must).

Baitfishing was hot in the decker/horseshoe bend area with shad & bullheads (if you can get your hands on any).

I just got a report from a friend who fished yesterday in Montezuma slough with shrimp for multiple sturgeon including an oversized that was released at the boat.

The fishing is good. Get out there. . .

Here's a couple from over the weekend, caught on the troll.

Attached Files:

9. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I was reading the reports of the Fall Fiasco last weekend. Reports sound great! I have them lures and should have the worms too. Those are some nice stripers. :wink: Hope to see you out there. be good to fish with you again.

10. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    Those are some nice fish KnotGuilty. I hope we can get into something like that. I haven't done much trolling(a few times for trout), but maybe I'll be able to get on one of the boats with the fellas and give it a shot. If not I'll stick to what I know best, bankin it.

Sean!

11. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Get a few lures, Jordan says he is taking his boat:wink:

12. kattysharks

kattysharks New Member

State:
    California
    yeah cant wait for stripers baby!!!!