Lund sea-ark ride?

Discussion in 'Boating' started by ShilohRed, Dec 30, 2007.

1. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Were looking at a Lund 1825 Pro Guide Tiller 90 Mercury 4-stroke it has 8 seat bases. 5 on the front deck. Also if I order this boat the carpet will be left out
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/ShilohRed/Lund 1825 Pro guide/Lund1825ProGuideTiller007.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/ShilohRed/Lund 1825 Pro guide/Lund1825ProGuideTiller005.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/ShilohRed/Lund 1825 Pro guide/Lund1825ProGuideTiller009.jpg
    Just wondering if anyone has rode in the 15 degree Sea-Arks and the ISP2 hull lund's?
    What was the ride compared to the new Lund's?
    Pete

2. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Well Pete, I'd say both are very nice boats, however I am a huge fan of the SeaArks. I've never been in a Lund, but Cuz has the SeaArk Big Daddy with a 225 4 stroke that cruises 56 mph in heavy chop on the Mississippi! It's nice and smooth I can tell you that. If I had to make a choice, I think I'd go with a SeaArk, but that's because a already have one and love it!!!

3. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    I can't comment on the ride comparison, but I own a small Lund skiff, and a 1650 SeaArk tunnel, and the little Lund is much better built.

I'll catch flak for this, but the SeaArk looks like it was built by a framing carpenter with a heli-arc, while the Lund has the fit and finish you'd expect on aircraft.

4. illinois_angler

illinois_angler Member

State:
    IL
    The 15 degree Sea Ark hull is alot better ride than their 3 degree, but it's hard to beat the ride of a V-hull. The bad side of the V-hull is the overall draft of the boat. And the high sides can make for trolling motor fatigue, but they are nice for those rough water days.

5. bigcatkev

bigcatkev Member

State:
    indiana
    I own a 1650 tyee lund and can say that for a small boat this thing will take a beating. I've had my boat airborn many time and still going strong. it also is a very dry boat to. As far as a Sea Ark they are very nice boats to but are two really different kinds of boats.

6. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    you not going to beat the ride of the lund period! they are a heavy boat which relates to a good ride. they all will wet you at one time or the other though. i have the 1800 prov and my dad has the 2025 magnum prov. we have fished all over santee in the lower lake in winds up to 30-35mph. they will wet you in those conditions but still the ride is good. you want get beat to death. lund hands down the winner. with that said i would like to have a sea ark with a jet drive to fish some shallow waters. lunds quailty is second to none also which is the reason for the price tag. lund has came out with a 2010 with a 175 tiller this year also. its a nice looking boat too. might not be what you looking for but i didnt know if you knew about it.

7. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Pete, I have the sea ark 1860. I can't remember all the letters but I think it is the 1860 VPLD center console. The ld stands for low deck. The front deck is not even with the top of the boat, and that's one of the things I like about it. But to answer your question the ride is very good in choppy water. I travel the same waters as I once did with a flatter bottom boat and there is no comparison. The 15 degree hull is very good and, unless you are loaded heavy, has a fairly shallow draft.When crossing the wake of another boat in the river you get a little slapping but my flatter bottom made some bone jarring slaps. I've never ridden a Lund boat, but like my sea ark very much.

8. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Thanks guys ..
    I got to see that boat in the links and take the pictures the other day. As for price. That boat is not any more then a loaded 1850 Sea-ARk. The fit and finish as Katmandeux. They do a great job of putting these boats together.
    Also it does weigh a little this one weights in at (Hull Weight) 1220 lbs. It is deep 40" form the deepest part of the front . Guys this boat is not a True Deep V boat anymore. There ISP2 hull does not draft as much water as the older hulls. Had 2 guides and one dealer tell me that it will float about anywhere the 15 degree boats will float.
    Also both guides told me when it gets rough, Just run as fast as you care to. Its not going to beat you up. Now that is what I am looking at the most.The ride is what I have to have.

I like the 2010 Pro Guide but its just more boat then I need. That is one of the reasons in us looking to sell our War-Ealge 2072-SLDV and buy a shorter boat. But also one that will ride better.

Thanks again guys.
    Pete

9. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Pete I have never ridden in one but if you will purchase it I will make a trip to mcnary county and take a ride in it and try to slim it up some for yea.:big_smile:

10. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Willard you know your welcome any time. Just come on over. And we will fish in what ever boat I have.:big_smile:
    Pete