lund boats need info.

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by russ, Jan 1, 2008.

1. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    im looking at a 20' lund alaskan ss, it is a rare boat because of the center console sets up front. anyone know anything about this boat.

2. olddriller

olddriller New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Russ.
    I have never owned a Lund boat , but I think they are great boats ,and very well built. I doin't know what type of bow etc. you are looking at or what type of water you will be fishing. I think the up front consel is a good style for balance and fast plane, + being able to see over the bow at lower speeds. If you look around you will see more boat companys putting more of the weight up front. Most of the Lunds I have seen look like they are made for larger lake fishing, deep sides etc. I have been doing a lot of jug fishing ,and when doing this you need to be able to reach over the side and pick up or set out your jugs ( noodles) . Howerver I have seen a few days when I wished I had higher sides like the Lund. I am sure that with all the knowledge of some of thease BOC members you may end up with enough new knowledge of Lund boats to build your own. When you get it take me fishing in some of your MIssissippi River hot spots . P.S. After it warms up some.
    Happy New Year .

3. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I know where that boat in a side console is for sale.
    But its not the center console.
    Hope to be able to order our Lund 1825 Pro Guide in a month or three after we sell our boat.
    Good luck finding the Alaskan SS.
    Pete

4. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Hi rusty I don't know about the 20' ss Alaskan center console,But I Own a 18' ss alaskan tiller Model and I just love it.Super Tough Boats that are Bullet Proof.I fish mine on the Missouri river here in Iowa and have fished it on Table rock.lake of the Ozarks,lake Barkly in Kentucky,And a Ton of other lakes here in the Midwest and in all kinds of weather and NEVER have had a Problem it Always brought me back to the ramp safe and sound.Only have one suggestion make sure You put enough motor on it,if it calls for 120hp or more put her on!! Nothing Worse than Under Powering that Bad Dude. Good Luck. J.D.:big_smile:

5. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    The boat your looking for is on E-Bay right now.
    Pete