Lunar tables are they any good

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by 1sporticus, Jul 26, 2006.

1. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    I have seen a few lunat tables that tell you when the best time to fish is, but does it really work, or is it baloney? Later Andy

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

It all comes in what you believe. I like to think that charts work on tidal waters and bass fishing as well as the ocean surf fishing. I have not noticed any difference catfishing though.

3. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    From what I have seen, it appears that 3 days either side of the full or new moon offer the best trophy potential, but I'm not sure I'd rely on specific times. Just fish when you can!

4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Benji hit the nail on the head at the first pop. If you believe in them, they are gospel. If you don't, they are not worth the paper they are printed on. If you believe fishing is bad on a north or east wind, you will probably not catch anything if the wind's from these quarters....could be your mind set is what's doing it though.

5. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I have had the same "luck" during full moons as I have when there is no moon at all. I dont think it really matters.

6. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    I have to agree with everyone else, I have not noticed a difference the times I have been fishing. I have done well on nights that were not supposed be good according to the lunar charts. I think there are other factors involved.

7. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I`m with every one on this Its what you belive

8. Capt Steve

Capt Steve Active Member

State:
    Clovis, CA
    With me it's a confidence thing. A big part of the fun is the anticipation and planning before a fishing trip. When the conditions are predicted to be good/great I enjoy getting ready. Right now I'm thinking about nothing other than next Friday morning. The moon is right and weather will be a bit cooler after a long hot spell. Bought bait today, rigging poles this evening. This will be a good trip.

9. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i agree. now the "times" of the feeding periods i dont pay any attention to. the moon and sun positions DO make fish react in different ways according to how they are positioned during certain "times", but an unfavorable baromator will throw that all out of wack. its best to go fishing on a "favorable" phase and wait or go when you think the barometor will be rising. the past 2 years i have been trying to predict barometric pressure readings in advance, its hard but i'd put more emphasis on that than any "moon" time. however, you can do as i do......GO ANYWAY.

10. Georgiajack

Georgiajack New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I have had pretty good luck going by them thru the years, both hunting, and fishing. Weather conditions does make a difference however, something to think about, water conditions, big rise or fast fall, hurricane, tornado, it all factors in. Good fishin' , Jack.

11. michiganwhitetailRLM

michiganwhitetailRLM New Member

State:
    MI
    ive Never Gave It Much Thought When It Comes To Fishing And The Luner Tables. I Must Admitt That Im A Die Hard Moon Observer When It Comes To My Deer Hunting Though. Im Not Sure If The Moon Effects The Fish The Way It Does The Tides.