Lunar Eclipse Tonight

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfishjohn, Mar 3, 2007.

1. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I just saw on the news that there is gonna be a Lunar Eclipse tonight.They said people in the Eastern U.S. will be able to see it best.
    This will be cool,I'm not much into this kind of stuff but I think it'll be pretty cool.

2. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I saw that as well. The zenith of the eclipse is supposed to be @ 23:21 hours GMT (11:21pm GMT). Hope to be able to see some of it.

3. james_s333

james_s333 New Member

State:
    byesville,ohio
    my girls into that stuff...that means i'll be out in the cold tring to start a fire for her tonight

4. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Thats the first that I have heard about it we prob. won't be able to see it for the news people have'nt said any thing oh well.:smile2:

5. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Ed, I had a newspaper clipping about it here on the frig, but it's disappeared... :roll_eyes: think it went to work with my husband... anyhow, I think it said around 6:30 PM in our area we should be able to see it.
    We're not too far, so maybe check it out around that time?

John, thanks for the reminder!

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

You're Welcome!
    They said it'd be started when the moon first comes up.Around here they said you should be able to see it around 6:30pm EST.

7. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    oops... well that would be @ 5:30 pm central and it's still daylight here then, but I'll be watchin!! Thanks again :smile2:

8. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Well, we went down to the river and saw as much of it as there was to see! Folks in the Eastern US got the best view, I guess, since the whole thing started just as the sun set and the moon rose for them. For us, it all began before sunset, so as we watched, on the back side of it all, got to see the sliver/crescent grow back into the full round :cool2: Very cool!

9. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I got off work at 6:15. Got home, and while I was letting the dog out, I noticed that the moon was a crescent. I knew it was supposed to be full, but it wasn't. It was perfect viewing. Usually when there's an eclipse, it's cloudy. I hadn't seen this in a long time, let alone so vivid. Coolest thing I've seen in the sky since Hale Bop. There's gonna be a solar eclipse on the 19th. Probably won't get to see that one.:sad2:

10. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Yeah, it was neat... daughter fussed a bit about bothering to get bundled up to go down to the water and see it and I realized... shoot, by the time there's another one (2 1/2 years?) she'll be away at college... so I insisted :roll_eyes: Was worth it :lol:

Didn't know about the upcoming solar one. Will have to check that out, too!