Lumber River Catfish?

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by karloskws, Jul 19, 2006.

1. karloskws

karloskws New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Hi ,
    Has anyone tried the Lumber River for any Cats? According to this link there are some good flatheads in the Lumber river.

http://www.ncgameandfish.com/fishing/catfish-fishing/nc_aa073804a/

I was thinking about putting in at the boat launch above Wagram and puttin' around in the river w/ a friend of mine on our kayaks. If that does not work I will try the Lumber river State park at a later date.

Does anyone have any good suggestions on which types bait to use? Or other good places to fish along the Lumber river from Wagram on down to Lumberton?

I normally just fish the catfish lakes at Ft Bragg , Camp Mackall, + some of the small lakes ponds where I live in Moore County. We do ok on chicken livers.

Any info on the Lumber River would be nice...

Best regards + Hope y'all catch some bigguns',

Karl

2. Eviserator

Eviserator New Member

State:
    Lumberton N.C.
    Hey Carl, I live in Robeson county..I like fishing lumber river..i like to fix some limb lines with cut bream..Take my creek boat set um out ..go home bs awhile with friends ..come back and check um ..I quess thats a lazy way of fishing..but I enjoy it...its a rush when you check the lines...never know what you got..snapping turtles.. nice cats..gar..????Have fun man..

3. karloskws

karloskws New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thanks for the info, I know can catch some bream and Shad in Drowning Creek and maybe swing down to the Lumber River there at 401 in Wagram and put in. I was thinking of doing a trotline or 2 and maybe some rod + reel action w/ using a combo of differnt bait (Chicken Livers, Soap, and cut bream or shads If I get em')

Now to get the time off work to go out.....:lol:

Karl