Luckystrike Charters

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by BigRossi, Nov 9, 2009.

1. BigRossi

BigRossi New Member

State:
    California
    Myself, Dad, and a few friends are headed out with Luckystrike Charters over in the Martinez area this Sunday, Nov 15, for hopefully some nice over sized Sturgeons!!!

I've caught 2 keepers in the 40 lb range and some shakers in my time but nothing too impressive....however I did hook into a submarine that I couldn't stop once!!! Talk about feeling like I wanted to cry!!!

So hopefully I have some good pics and vids for you all this next weekend!!!

Wish me luck!!!

2. Capt Steve

Capt Steve Active Member

State:
    Clovis, CA
    Good luck

3. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    right on. Go get them Dino's....Look forward to your report:wink:

4. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    Good luck bro and bring back a nice report, maybe even a few nice pics.:wink:

5. lovedasmelloffish

lovedasmelloffish New Member

State:
    California
    You taking a btl of tequllia? HAHA, you might miss the bite......

6. BigRossi

BigRossi New Member

State:
    California
    Bud Light yes.....Tequkillllll ya........NOPE!

7. Pile drivers

Pile drivers New Member

State:
    California
    a brother i no what you talking about i have being reading about them and man let me tell you you can go on youtube and see them guy catch big sturgeon look like the capt put you right on the fish and look like a good boat to

8. KnotGillty

KnotGillty New Member

State:
    Northern Califo
    Luckystirike is a good outfit. You should be going out with Kevin Yost. He's a good dude who knows his sturgeon better than most. I haven't talked to him for a few years, but I keep updated on his outings. Some friends went out with him recently and caught limits including a double hookup with both fish landed. Actually, it should have been a triple but one got off.

Hope the weather cooperates for you. Look forward to the report afterwards .. .. ..

9. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Randy.... thanks for the Fiasco pics.....story.. nice trip

10. KnotGillty

KnotGillty New Member

State:
    Northern Califo
    Hope you can make the next one

11. Pile drivers

Pile drivers New Member

State:
    California
    a good morning bro how you doing on this sunny day while i got to save my money so i can get that reel for march i can't wait bro it seen like it going to slow for me

12. BigRossi

BigRossi New Member

State:
    California
    Yeah I've followed Kevin Yost for awhile now and it's time to finally see the man do it in person!!!

13. lovedasmelloffish

lovedasmelloffish New Member

State:
    California
    How did you do man? You alive? lol, did a sturgeon pull your 300 lb ass in the water ? Is it dragging you around right now somewhere? I text you and you didn't answer back yet. How was the trip?!!!

14. BigRossi

BigRossi New Member

State:
    California
    Well the capt was up front with us when we got there. He said the bite had gone to crap in the last week and he wasn't quite sure why.

We pulled out of the dock and started marking sturgeon on the fish finder. We found some good schools and we got some good sturgeon bites but never put any fish in the boat.

I set the hook on one and got a hook and the damn line broke almost immediately. I assume it was a poorly tied leader or bad spot in the line.

We had a great time and I think I learned a lot about sturgeon fishing that explained why I haven't caught many of them.

Caught a good buzzz but no fish. Weather was just awesome!

15. BigRossi

BigRossi New Member

State:
    California
    Didn't take my phone with me...for got it in the truck...I had calls from Phu and you! I'll call Rick later today and let him know how it went.

16. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    We are going up around Knights Landing to a spot to fish for sturgeon in March. I'm sure you have seen the post. You and Russ should come check it out. Sorry about the trip and no fish. Bet it was nice just to be out there knowing that monster could strike at any second. Russ came out and fished with us and we did pretty decent on the channels. Russ is a cool cat.:cool2: