Lucky Trophy Buck

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Ace, Jul 15, 2006.

1. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    I tought since all you deer hunters are geting a itchy triger finger I would post this for you.:happy:

This is one lucky, trophy buck ! Description: Yes this trophy buck is alive. Note the I.V. in the upper right of the photo and the feeding tube coming in from the left side. This photo is courtesy of Texas A&M vet school. A hunter found him with his antlers tangled in barbed wire and barely alive. He must have felt it was not sportsman like to shoot the buck, so he called the folks at Texas game and parks. They didn't say what the deer scored but how many hunters do you think would have just shot this buck and kept their mouth shut? They're nursing him back to health and plan on releasing him in an undisclosed location in Texas! :happy: :happy:

Here are a couple more good pics.:0010: :0010: :0a12:

:cat:

Attached Files:

2. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    More great pics, keep em coming.:big_smile:

3. blkhawkdwn

blkhawkdwn New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    your right a lot of guys that arent true sportsmen would have shot him on the spot. But you have a lot of us that are true to the sport of hunting, would have given him a chance to live, just as the true hunter did in this case.

the second pic looks like something that has happened to a hunt partner of mine. but he was in a tree stand asleep. a nice 8 pointer was laying under the stand when he wake up. he didn't shot him because he got a bad case of buck fever...

4. BullDaddy

BullDaddy New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La.
    That last pix is, I believe, a Dodge Durango. I have one of those and have hit 1 deer and came close a couple of more times. That is pretty scary to see what could have happened.:crazy:

5. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    If they need a place to release him, I'll be glad to offer my farm as a new home. Probably too hot in Texas, with him recovering and all, I think he needs to be up here in the hills where he can be more comfortable.

6. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    great pics! that is a nice looking buck. i would like to see that one in the woods. in a treestand of course. i bet he could put a hurt'n on a man.

7. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    thanks for sharin! nice buck TOO!

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Great pics Ace!!!

9. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    those are some great pics.....and that is a MAGNIFICENT buck....good thing he didnt kill it when it was stuck in the fence though...i dont know about you but i couldnt call myself a hunter if i shot a buck that was stuck in a fence

10. Ellis

Ellis New Member

State:
    Yellow Springs, Ohio
    Great pics. Shows that guy is a good sportsmen.