Lucky Man.....a song that reminds me of the BOC

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Catgirl, May 19, 2008.

1. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

The first time I ever heard this song "Lucky Man" by Montgomery Gentry I thought "Wow, that sounds like some of the BOC brothers talking....."

Everyone has struggles in life and sometimes we whine and complain. But, what I've noticed about the majority of catfish1.com members is that they truly appreciate what they have and make the most of it.

It's heartwarming for me to log in here and see how proud you guys are of your wives and children (husbands/children too ladies.....but this song IS called "Lucky MAN" :wink:), how excited you get telling a fishing story; to see your fondness for the simple things in life.

I looked at a lot of youtube videos this morning trying to pick one to post. Wanted to find one that represented the message contained in the song, instead of just Montgomery Gentry singing it. I finally settled on this one; it's a bit more generic and not just full of one person's family pictures. The picture quality isn't that great, but I think it illustrates the lyrics pretty well.

Anyhow, I feel like a lucky WOMAN having you fellas as my BOC brothers. Thanks for being there.

[youtubevid]JpGkaPZinms[/youtubevid]

Lucky Man

I have days where I hate my job.....this little town and the whole world too
    Last Sunday when my Bengals lost.....Lord it put me in a bad mood

I have moments when I curse the rain.....then complain when the sun's too hot
    I look around at what everyone has.....and I forget about all I've got

But I know I'm a lucky man.....God's given me a pretty fair hand
    Got a house and a piece of land.....a few dollars in a coffee can
    My old truck's still runnin' good.....my ticker's tickin' like they say it should
    I got supper in the oven, a good woman's lovin'.....and one more day to be my little kid's dad
    Lord knows I'm a lucky man

Got some friends who would be here fast.....I could call 'em any time of day
    Got a brother who's got my back.....got a mama who I swear's a saint
    Got a brand new rod and reel.....got a full week off this year
    Dad had a close call last spring.....it's a miracle he's still here

But I know I'm a lucky man.....God's given me a pretty fair hand
    Got a house and a piece of land.....a few dollars in a coffee can
    My old truck's still runnin' good.....my ticker's tickin' like they say it should
    I got supper in the oven, a good woman's lovin'.....and one more day to be my little kid's dad
    Lord knows I'm a lucky man

I got supper in the oven, a good woman's lovin'.....and even my bad days ain't that bad
    Yeah, I'm a lucky man
    I'm a lucky lucky man

2. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I like that song and can relate to it.

3. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Nice to see ya posting and thinking about us crazy folks on here again.:eek:oooh: Hope all is well with you and your family.

Prayers still going to you and yours.:wink:

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Tanya for a great post. I to can relate to it. Appreciated.

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I really am a lucky man. It don't take much to make me happy, family and friends will get me thru the worst of times. I met some folks at the gathering on Truman this weekend and i felt lucky. Soon as i meet some more, i'll be luckier.:wink:

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Couldn't have said it any better,Sis. Thanks a bunch.We are all lucky

7. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Thanks Tayna, we are lucky to have you here to keep us straight....:wink:

I love that song, cept down in these parts they play the version that says "Last Sunday when the TIDE lost.....Lord it put me in a bad mood :smile2:

8. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Yep, I noticed when I was looking at the videos that there are several versions, depending on the area where you live.

I almost changed the lyrics to read "last Sunday when Dale Earnhardt lost" just for a few of y'all. :wink:

9. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    SIS,
    WERE ALL BLESSED IN A WAY THAT WE DO NOT EVEN REALIZE IT SOMETIMES, JUST LOOK AROUND AND YOU'LL SEE HOW LUCKEY WE ARE TO HAVE FRIENDS FROM THE BOC AND THEY WILL STEP UP AT THE DROP OF A PIN TO HELP EACH OTHER, EVEN THAT I HAVE NOT BEEN IN THE BOC LONG I WANT TO THANK YALL FOR BEING A FRIEND

THE CATMAN

10. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Tanya,
    I'm not the world's biggest country music fan but I love the sentiment.
    Thanks for the reality check...W

11. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    I'm also not the greatest country music fan, but I like the song. I can relate to it. As long as I have a loving family, a roof over my head, good food and my fishing pole, YEP I'm a LUCKY MAN!!