Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Well he has had time to tell ya himself, but he didn't so I will.

Somewhere on this forum is a thread called Friendly Supportive Gesture, it's about that hat. (I don't know how to post a link to it or I would)

See he lost his fishin hat in the river. He only had his beef hat (for work) and his leather Harley hat (that I won and gave to him) left. Well where I work, we got in some hats one day and there was one with a fish on it so I bought it for him, just to where fishin. He just said thanks, and wore it fishin. I didn't know that he didn't like the darn hat! (I wasn't on here yet)
So one weekend he was off fishin, after I got addicted to this site, and I was goin through old threads just to see what was there. I found that thread. I was PI$$ED!!!! :angry: I wanted to set that hat on fire while he was wearing it!:crazy: (he was already in trouble before he left)
By the time I found that thread he had already caught fish with it on and decided it was now his LUCKY hat.:confused2: When he got home and I laid in to him about it, he hid that hat for several days so I wouldn't do anything to it!:smile2:

That's my story and I'm sticken to it! (or maybe it's his story)

I used to have an old battered stetson black felt, but it fell apart and life aint been the same since,.............maybe i oughtta get me a nother one .

I don't know if it was more because the hat donns a b*ss lure, or the fact that I was still distraught about the loss of my previous lucky hat. I made alot of comments about that hat that I truely regret.

For what it's worth, I wore my new hat into public immediately. I said thank you, and I was sincere when I said it. The hat has wholely filled the void of my previous lucky hat, and even surpasses it in terms of good fortune that I am possitive is the result of the hat. It has been rescued from the murky depths despite the threats to accidentally lose it.

Thank you very much Sheila for the hat (bass hat or not), as it has brought mr good fortune this year in the catfish department. Turns out...catfish can't tell the difference, and are unaware that it is enchanted.:big_smile:

My lucky hat is the one in my avatar. Ive caught many fish and got many deer while wearing it. It has to be at least 5 years old if not 8 or 9. Its a simple generic camo hat that the bill is ripped clear across the front. Ive seen them selling hats like that now, Id rather wear it in myself. Unfortunately I think its on its way out, it only has 3 buttons left on the back for sizing, duct tape or black tape is an option. It also has two tears starting from the button on top of the hat. Sadly Im looking for a new camo hat now.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.