Lucky clothes?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by elphaba7, Oct 10, 2005.

1. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    :rolleyes: Do any of you wear the same thing, or same hat, or have any other good-luck voodoo charm you use religiously as part of your fishing set-up? I have my Cabela's hat and a certain pair of pants that I always wear. However, since I am generally un lucky at fishing, I'm starting to think maybe I should change up the outfit, lol. :eek:

How about the rest of you guys and gals? What is your rabbits' foot?

2. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    No, I don't have anything I take for luck. I wear anything..catch fish....take anything ...catch fish....looks easy. I just don't believe in all that.

3. rodpod

rodpod New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    I have been doing pretty good with gray shirts this year. Every pic in my gallery page im wearing a gray shirt. Hmmmmm. Maybe I'm on to something.

4. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    Yep every year i have a hat i wear and when it gets worn out most people that I fish with know it takes me a long time to find the right one to replace it. :) Don't know if it is god luck or what, but I wont go without it.

_Brian

5. crazy_crappie88

crazy_crappie88 New Member

State:
    Huntsville,Al
    I dont belive in that type of stuff too much.

6. Big Nick

Big Nick New Member

State:
    McKinney TX
    I have a Texas A&M shirt that is full of holes and ripped just about everywhere. I don't always get to wear it cause its sleeveless, but I have had great luck with it!

7. abilene

abilene New Member

State:
    abilene, tx
    For a while, as a child, I carried a rabbit foot key chain around in my pocket for good luck, even though I had no keys. Sounds rather primitive, doesn't it? Lots of folks that hunt or fish seem to have clothing items that have somehow been "blessed." It might be a hat or cap, or any other article. Just think, if only we could acquire an entire "durable suit of excellent fishing" from the Cabellas catalog. I wonder how much that would cost?

8. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    I'll tell ya, Jackie...priceless! :p Can I put one on layaway?

9. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Yes, by golly I do have my outfit.

My hat: A flathead on it with "Sal Jr." on one side and the phrase, "Shhh... was that my bell?" on the other

My Shirt: A grey shirt with 40 or so lures pictured on it that says "A cast of thousands "

My Shorts: The same pair of cutoffs I wear every time I go out fishing for cats is the same pair I have worn catfishing since I cut the legs off em and before that they were my fishing pants. lol

Silly- but it is true- some folks have superstitions annd despite all the stupidity of superstitions, I still have my own and they have brought me luck... knock on wood.

Sal

10. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    I almost always try to wear my grey dickies khakis......i sorta wear them for good luck, but i really just like them........they are all paint stained from work and nearly industructable....great fishing wear......

11. skippy

skippy New Member

State:
    cincinnati ohio
    A friend invited me to a lake he had been fishing in for weeks, so I went. I had not been there before, I ended up catching a 53# flathead 2 hours after getting there. I was wearing a pair of jeans with the knees ripped out and a white tee-shirt with a pic of flathead on the back. I never go fishing without that shirt now.

12. muskyman

muskyman Active Member

State:
    Loudon TN
    Name:
    David
    I have these slip over pants that are lined with insulation. Since I wear shorts 365 days a year ; these come in handy when I night fish. So it started a few years back when I got a 45 1/2lb blue. And then my 44lb IGFA Channel ; then a 38lb blue and so on and so on. So now current day, new millenium, I got them slimed last year by a 64lb blue and more currently this year they got slimed again by a 47lb blue and a 75lb blue. My lucky nasty old black pants. Damn they sure smell , but they sure work good ! :D

13. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Check out just about every pic I post. "Red Susspenders" LOL! Like the old commercial said."Don't leave home without them."

I thought this was a thread about lucky clothes. Not one about your big catches. LOL!

14. s_self88

s_self88 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    Every time I go fishing, I wear my Schwann's Racing Team, Ken Schrader, hat. It's all faded from the sun. Its got dipbait and fish slime on it, from when i touch it after handling a fish or rebaiting. It also has one of those fish hook hatpins.